Not sure if this some feature that I am unaware of or some type of glitch, but there have been a couple of times when I have pushed the home button, but instead of exiting the program, it brought up the programs that were running in the background. Has this happened to anyone else?
    02-16-2011 12:30 AM
    This is a problem. Sometimes you'll double click and it will go to search instead of app switcher. Or you'll double click and it will go home. Odd.
    02-16-2011 12:33 AM
    Interesting, does it do this often? ... I have never had that problem myself, however My 2nd iPhone 4 had a really sensitive home button, just a slight touch activated it. Wonder if you have a issue with the button?
    02-16-2011 01:03 AM
    this is indeed a known problem and read of others having it worse

i've had the same thing happen to mine. it's intermittent and i will probably wait it out until i'm in the mood to drive 1.5 hours to the nearest Apple store, since i heard they will replace for this reason
    02-16-2011 01:06 AM
    I've had it happen a bit...I'll press it with the phone locked and nothing will happen, or I press it to exit an app and get the switcher instead. Hasn't really been an issue so far, and mostly seems related to how long I hold the button. At any rate, not an uncommon thing, I think.
    02-16-2011 01:37 AM
    Yes this happened to me and was on the blogs here a couple of months ago. I restored as new and still didnt fix. Went to Apple and got a new one back in Oct and no more issues. Appears to be a hardware problem on many
    02-16-2011 12:22 PM
    Did Apple replace it for free because it may have still been under warranty? Or had you purchased the "Apple Care Plan" for $70/year??
    06-06-2011 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD