Any links would be great. Havent jailbreaked the phone yet but would like to know where everyone is going for it. And as for background one can never get enough.

Thanks in advance
    02-15-2011 05:19 PM
    Themes Cydia unless you ssh them onto your phone
    02-15-2011 05:46 PM
    02-15-2011 06:03 PM
    As far as wallpapers, jus google it man. There are sooo many sites out there but for things like themes, cydia all the way plus u'll need to jailbreak your device.
    02-15-2011 06:57 PM
    ssh them? what do you mean?
    02-15-2011 08:05 PM
    I am afraid to jailbreak, I can barely use the function as they are now.
    02-15-2011 08:24 PM
    I am afraid to jailbreak, I can barely use the function as they are now.
    Jailbreaking is very easy to do. You can read up here on the forums on how to do it, and the advantages of it. Without jailbreaking it, you can't change your theme, but you can still change your backround. I downloaded an app from the app store called backrounds. it comes with a ton, and they are already scaled to your phones size.
    02-16-2011 11:55 AM
    As far as themes go, yes jailbreaking is your only answer. Like others have said, It's pretty easy to do and all you do is install programs from the Cydia store rather than the app store.

For backgrounds, I like interfacelift (like someone else recommended) and just googling around in general. There are also a few free apps that have a collection of wallpapers for you to browse through.
    02-16-2011 02:51 PM
    How does Cydia work? Im assuming once Ive jailbreaked the phone I would download that and that would be the place for themes, backgrounds and things like that right?
    02-16-2011 03:04 PM
    Here's a great site for backgrounds...

InterfaceLIFT: iphone_4_640x960 Wallpaper sorted by Date
    Thanks for that link. Ive saved that to my favorites.
    02-16-2011 03:08 PM
    As far as wallpapers, jus google it man. There are sooo many sites out there but for things like themes, cydia all the way plus u'll need to jailbreak your device.
    yea Ive been wanting to jailbreak it but just havent had the time. Im working on it though. Hopefully by this weekend. Do you happen to know when the next OS update is? Just curious if I should wait for that before jailbreaking
    02-16-2011 03:10 PM
    As far as themes go, yes jailbreaking is your only answer. Like others have said, It's pretty easy to do and all you do is install programs from the Cydia store rather than the app store.

For backgrounds, I like interfacelift (like someone else recommended) and just googling around in general. There are also a few free apps that have a collection of wallpapers for you to browse through.
    yea Im actually downloading a few apps as I speak see if I can get any cool apps.
    02-16-2011 03:23 PM
    Cydia works like the app store. You jailbreak, you get Cydia and you search Cydia for apps for jailbroken phones.

If you just want wallpaper, google iphone4 wallpaper. You'll find tons of images you can save and set as your wallpaper. Or, search this site for wallpaper. There are a lot of wallpaper threads and many of the posters either put up a copy of their background picture, or linked to where they got it.
    02-16-2011 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD