FWIW I talked with my insurance agent and he says that I can add my iphones to my homeowners policy for $50/yr for each phone. Covers everything except water damage.
    02-23-2011 09:47 AM
    It is always funny to hear " I always take care of my phones thus I do not need an insurance ".
    I have always took care of my expensive electronics and carried an insurance!
    05-07-2011 05:57 AM
    So with all of the threads going on about which insurance provider offers the cheapest rate I am curious who is getting insurance and who isn't. I personally have never had insurance for any of my phones and luckily have never needed it. I am extremely careful with my phones and never drop or damage them. Is there anyone else like me or are most of you getting insurance?
    Accidents happen. I've never planned on dropping or losing the devices that I dropped or lost.

It's purely a personal call that you need to make for yourself. You can poll people as much as you want but ultimately you need to figure out which option suits you best. Consider everything, not just the cost of the insurance options. Look at coverages, deductibles, etc.
    05-07-2011 11:07 AM
    well I am having an insurance cover for my phone as I am having an expensive phone so its better to have an insurance plan that will cover my phone from accidental damage,loss or theft.so I would advice you to go for an insurance plan instead of taking any risk.

10-24-2011 12:14 AM
    That makes no sense. Insurance is a for profit business. That means on average, you pay more for insurance than it would cost to fix your phone. Unless you cannot afford the loss (like a house or car) you are better off self-insuring. Don't forget, reputable repair sites can fix your phone for less than the cost of a new iPhone.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    10-24-2011 07:22 AM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD