Squaretrade says they will cover jailbroken but not carrier-unlocked devices.
    02-17-2011 05:05 PM
    Squaretrade says they will cover jailbroken but not carrier-unlocked devices.
    That's nice to know, thanks! I invested in their insurance when it was $81, seemed like a STEAL compared to the $250 over 2 years the Verizon would be. I have Find my iPhone installed, and they'd have to be quicker than I am if they wanted to remove the app before I locked it and sent the police :P

And being able to jump in the pool with my iPhone and still get it replaced is big to me, since I've lost TWO dumbphones over the years to that (one because I was pushed in the pool out of the blue at a party, and the other because I was being a tard :P)
    02-17-2011 06:28 PM
    Best option I've seen, and they also can provide a loaner phone while yours is being repaired.
    Verizon iPhone Insurance - iPhone 4 Insurance, iPhone 3gs Insurance - Buy iPhone Insurance

This one sounds interesting too:
    iPhone - Protect Me Protection Plan | Extended Warranty | Lost & Stolen
    Only issue I see with those is they require a police report for a lost phone. Your not going to get it, there is no crime in losing something.
    02-17-2011 07:03 PM
    Don't want to argue with anyone I'm just saying what happened to us with SquareTrade. DIL broke screen by dropping iPhone. File claim online. They send email with label to print.it is postage paid label with next day delivery. Sent off and in 5 days we got it back with new screen. Later the same DIL got the iPhone wet. Filed claim. Got label. Mailed and in 3 days the notified us it could not be fixed and they would issue funds. I believe it was either 2 or 3 days we had the money. Went then and used an upgrade we had available on family plan and got her another one.I just want people to know we never had to go buy phone, mail receipt, and wait for ever for money. Just a FYI for anyone on our experience.
    I also don't want to argue with anyone and am not going to so if this happened to you then you are the only one it happened to because not only have I confirmed my original post about no repair and we have to get a new phone first and then a reimbursment I have 3 friends that have iPhone 4 and one with 3gs and all of them had problems. They had squaretrade and only one friend could get his phone repaired in 4 days, the other had to go out and buy new phones at full retail as I posted to Darth and then get reimbursed so only one opted since he had the money, the others cancelled Squaretrade and had VZW activate their old phones.
    02-17-2011 07:43 PM
    For the love of God please stop the spam!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!
    02-18-2011 04:23 PM
    I feel as though I'm in the twilight zone. Anyway to actually reply to the original post, YES to insurance, I've had to use it in the past for my kids lost phone and one that his friend spilled a drink on, I use Verizon's provider.
    02-18-2011 05:39 PM
    Wow I jus noticed how spammed this thread is LOL. N like I said before, not a fan of insurance.
    02-18-2011 06:15 PM
    Many of you have talked about SquareTrade, anyone looked into Worth Avenue? Just got my Verizon iPhone today and DO want insurance. Worth is about $100 cheaper than ST but doesn't cover manufactuer defects. I'm not a techie and I'm not in insurance. Anyone tried Worth Ave?
    02-18-2011 09:47 PM
    sorry, I meant that Worth is about $100 less than Verizon
    02-18-2011 09:48 PM
    The spam bots are strong here!!!! Good grief this is ridiculous.
    02-19-2011 05:05 AM
    thanks for this nice post 111213
    02-19-2011 02:12 PM
    Hey guys, I JUST got off the phone with SquareTrade and their rep confirmed that if they cannot fix an item they send you a check BEFORE you buy a new item. You use their money to buy a new one. I just insured a new 7.1 Sony AV receiver with their 50% off coupon too. 3 years of coverage for $15.
    02-19-2011 03:01 PM
    I have verizon's total equipment coverage, is it over priced? probably, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    02-19-2011 04:29 PM
    thanks for this nice post 111213
    02-19-2011 04:35 PM
    Hey guys, I JUST got off the phone with SquareTrade and their rep confirmed that if they cannot fix an item they send you a check BEFORE you buy a new item. You use their money to buy a new one. I just insured a new 7.1 Sony AV receiver with their 50% off coupon too. 3 years of coverage for $15.
    Thanks for the update Darth!!! I was told on the phone by one CSR that you purchase then get reimbursed then two other CSRs told me you get the check before. I'm beginning to believe you are right and I certainly hope I don't have to find out anytime soon.
    02-19-2011 07:49 PM
    I used to get insurance when it was $4.99 a month. Recently it has gotten so expensive that I have taken a new path with my smartphones. The deductible is almost the same price I paid with a contract

I don't get insurance at all. It saves $10 a month or so

If my phone breaks I just add a line to my account for $10 a month. this is sort of paying insurance only if its needed after the fact.

So far I have only broken one phone and it cost me $240 because of the extended contract.

Its a slight gamble but if you take care of your phones for the most part then it works well. Plus if you have an extra line and you decide to keep it then you can renew every year or so at reduced prices.
    02-20-2011 01:09 PM
    WTF is up with this forum and SPAM???? C'mon, I have never seen this crap on any other of the forum sites..... where are the mods at here?????
    02-21-2011 10:50 AM
    Buy cheap Pantaray Research QSetup Installation Suite Pro 10.0.0.4 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap Pantaray Research QSetup Installation Suite Pro 10.0.0.4 Oem Software Version
    Buy cheap BurnAware Professional 2.1.2 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap BurnAware Professional 2.1.2 Oem Software Version
    Buy cheap Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6 Oem Software Version
    Buy cheap Propellerheads ReCycle 2.1 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap Propellerheads ReCycle 2.1 Oem Software Version
    Buy cheap ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery 5.0 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery 5.0 Oem Software Version
    02-21-2011 12:15 PM
    Hey, SquareTrade folks, I got a free case from ST today. It came in the mail. I already had a case, but talk about customer service.
    02-22-2011 06:20 PM
    I have insurance (asurion) better safe than sorry...
    02-22-2011 09:12 PM
    any updated SQ Trade coupon codes out there?
    02-22-2011 11:39 PM
    Hey, SquareTrade folks, I got a free case from ST today. It came in the mail. I already had a case, but talk about customer service.
    So did I. Was unexpected but gladly accepted! Another thing to add to the resale value haha
    02-23-2011 12:03 AM
    any updated SQ Trade coupon codes out there?
    FF30 still works and gets you $30 off an iPhone warranty, bringing the cost to just $94 as does putting my e-mail address in the referral field, Darthgamer138@gmail.com

(I got these coupon codes with my free iPhone 4 case)

By the way, the free iPhone 4 case you get is pretty nice, but it is for the AT&T iPhone. It works just fine for the ViP, but the mute switch is a little obscured.
    02-23-2011 01:20 AM
    I have always had the Asurion insurance offered by Verizon, but luckily, never had to make a claim thus far. The cost went up $2/month for the iPhone compared to the coverage on my Droid Incredible.

I am now thinking of covering it under my homeowners policy and dropping the Asurion coverage next month.
    02-23-2011 02:32 AM
    Yeah its a high ded but if I lose my phone, I dont want to pay $749 plus tax. I'd rather pay $200. The monthly fee break down to like .40 cents a day. Not a back breaker.
    i remember when you used to tell me that was a crazy amount to pay for insurance, i knew you'd come around

and i agree, i rather pay the monthly fee to asurion and never lose my phone, then to have squaretrade cover me for non-theft/lost and for me to have my phone lost/stolen. i've never lost my phone and not found it (only time i lost, but did find my phone was a nextel i had almost 10 years ago).
    02-23-2011 02:52 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD