Well I just got my new IPHONE 4 32gb yesterday and so far so good. However I cannot get facetime to work. If I try to use facetime during a call it asks if I want to turn it on but it doesn't enable it. If I go into setting and turn it on, once I go back to the setting page it turns itself off. I did have an IPOD touch that I restored the settings on my IPHONE to. Could that be the issue? And if so what do I do next?

Thanks

Bob
    02-14-2011 08:19 AM
    are you using wifi when attempting to use the facetime feature?

just a thought on my part
    02-14-2011 08:25 AM
    I just turned the WiFi off and it still does the same thing.

Hmmmmm
    02-14-2011 08:27 AM
    unless I'm wrong and its very possible that facetime is a wifi only feature.

are you trying to talk to someone whom either has a iphone or an itouch ipod?
    02-14-2011 08:32 AM
    Its possible. You need to make sure that your iOS is up to date and that you are connected to WiFi. If you are on 3G service, then your Facetime feature will not be active. Also, you can only Facetime someone that has another iPhone. Try it on WiFi first and if that doesn't work, do a clean restore of your iPhone from Apples servers, not an iPod backup. Dont forget to back up your important data like contacts pictures etc. beforehand. Hope this helps.
    02-14-2011 08:34 AM
    Its possible. You need to make sure that your iOS is up to date and that you are connected to WiFi. If you are on 3G service, then your Facetime feature will not be active. Also, you can only Facetime someone that has another iPhone. Try it on WiFi first and if that doesn't work, do a clean restore of your iPhone from Apples servers, not an iPod backup. Dont forget to back up your important data like contacts pictures etc. beforehand. Hope this helps.
    I checked to be sure you can also facetime from iphone to the new ipod touch
    Last edited by crazy4cell; 02-14-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    02-14-2011 08:39 AM
    Mine doesn't work either and neither does my wifes. We spent 30 mins in the apple store and they couldn't get it to work either. Ours work with one Att phone and one vzw but not both vzw together. They told me to do a restore and if that doesn't fix it they would just give us new phones
    02-14-2011 08:44 AM
    I am trying to do facetime from my new iphone to my wifes. We are both in WiFi areas but still no luck. Gonna try a restore and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Bob
    02-14-2011 08:44 AM
    Tango is a great app to use as well. You can video conference over 3G as well as WiFi!
    02-14-2011 12:09 PM
    Tango is a great app to use as well. You can video conference over 3G as well as WiFi!
    skype works well too and you dont have to be on wifi
    02-14-2011 12:22 PM
    there is a extra area where you have to enable FaceTime. Go into settings -phone. make sure facetime is toggled on
    02-14-2011 10:40 PM
    I am having this problem too. However mine might be a wifi issue. My cousin has an att iphone and he was able to facetime my wife with no problem as a test. I am at work and I seem to be having issues with the wifi. I am connected but no data seems to be streaming so I am quite sure that is the problem. Maybe we are having wifi problems and not facetime problems
    02-14-2011 10:50 PM
    At first I restored a backup from my iPod touch 4, and FaceTime would 't work for me either. I restored my phone without using the backup, and FaceTime worked fine after that.
    02-15-2011 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD