I really really want to switch to iPhone from Blackberry. I use a smartphone 90% business and very little for anything else. Contacts, calendar, to-do lists, etc. with maybe a little for Facebook and Twitter. Never for games. So a couple of questions:

1. Does it voice dial from a bluetooth headset?

2. Do you find the voice volume on phone calls loud enough? Several friends that just switched have made comments that phone calls are soft.

3. Does it have any kind of a sensor like the Blackberry that when holstered it automagically goes in to vibrate (or any other) mode?

4. When in vibrate mode do you find it to enough to alert you but not enough to be annoying to those around you? Or is the vibrate so soft that it does not annoy anyone around you but you also miss a lot of calls?

5. I know more and more people are using the iPhone in business but I am curious as to how it is really working for you. I sometimes get the feeling talking to people and browsing the various forums that they switched because, like everyone else, they WANT an iPhone. (Me included). At the end of the day are you able to get your work done in a fast efficient manner or are you secretly wishing you had stayed with whatever smartphone you had previous and loved? I know, silly question. Nobody is going to admit that!!
    02-14-2011 08:01 AM
    I really really want to switch to iPhone from Blackberry. I use a smartphone 90% business and very little for anything else. Contacts, calendar, to-do lists, etc. with maybe a little for Facebook and Twitter. Never for games. So a couple of questions:

1. Does it voice dial from a bluetooth headset?
    answer Yes

2. Do you find the voice volume on phone calls loud enough? Several friends that just switched have made comments that phone calls are soft.

answer- it was soft till I turned the volume up then crystill clear

3. Does it have any kind of a sensor like the Blackberry that when holstered it automagically goes in to vibrate (or any other) mode?

not that I'm aware of you have to select that mode manually

4. When in vibrate mode do you find it to enough to alert you but not enough to be annoying to those around you? Or is the vibrate so soft that it does not annoy anyone around you but you also miss a lot of calls?

don't know never use it

5. I know more and more people are using the iPhone in business but I am curious as to how it is really working for you. I sometimes get the feeling talking to people and browsing the various forums that they switched because, like everyone else, they WANT an iPhone. (Me included). At the end of the day are you able to get your work done in a fast efficient manner or are you secretly wishing you had stayed with whatever smartphone you had previous and loved? I know, silly question. Nobody is going to admit that!!

can't answer this one I don't use it for buisness.

as to going back to old phone - no way nada love this phone you will to.
    best advice I can give you is either go to an apple retail store or a verizon store they have 3 on display and play with it and see if it works for you! I'm sure you'll walk out the door with it works plain and simple.

only my opinion but I'm no tech am 60 yrs old and if it works for me am sure it works for most folks .
    02-14-2011 08:14 AM
    1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Not exactly. There is a switch on the side that you flip for vibrate. The only proximity sensor is right by the screen that turns the screen off when you are talking on it to avoid accidental presses.

4. Thankfully yes. I used to have a phone, the Samsung Rogue, that in vibrate mode, was nearly as loud as the ringer! This solves that problem with the phones weight. It vibrates well, but not loudly.

5. For business? Well if you mean for business as in:
    Contacts, calendar, to-do lists, etc. with maybe a little for Facebook and Twitter. Never for games.
    Contacts- Yes, quite well. It will also sync contacts if you use outlook/google.
    Calender- Yes. Again, it will also sync.
    To-do lists- Yes, about a million aps exist for this. I just downloaded a free one today.
    Facebook/Twitter- Yes, probably the best FB/TW on a smartphone from what I gather.
    Games- You should play more games! xD
    02-14-2011 02:15 PM
    I'm not a phone gamer either, but I can't put down Tiger Woods Golf or Angry Birds. VERY addicting.

That being said, I didn't come from a BB, but it seems, BB people in general seem to be missing a couple things, like the holster vibrate thing or that bedside mode thing or a physical keyboard or BBM or the red blinking light - but it also appears they all think the iPhone plusses outweigh those missing features.

My wife wants to now get rid of her BB. My oldest daughter though (who loves iPods and Mac products) wants to stick with her BB - loves her keyboard and BBM.
    02-14-2011 05:42 PM
    No question. Blackberry is old and can not be compared to I4.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-14-2011 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD