Like many of you i got the Verizon iPhone4 this past monday. Naturally i took it to work to show off. Most of my co workers started hating right off the bat, "the iPhone5 comes out in the summer" "the iPhone5 is going to be way better" "blah blah blah iPhone5" It makes sense that since att now supports 4G that apple is going to release the iPhone4G in the summer. Why waste such a drastic redesign and only keep around for a year. Thoughts guys?
    Last edited by wyatt_h; 02-14-2011 at 04:18 AM.
    02-14-2011 03:41 AM
    Well, are you happy with it? That's all that matters.

I would have bought an iPhone 4 now if I was 100% sure that the iPhone 5 would be released in Jan for Verizon or if Verizon would skip a generation to the iPhone 6.

I am getting tired of buying a new phone every year. So the plan is to get iPhone 5 and then iPhone 7.
    02-14-2011 06:16 AM
    Like many of you i got the Verizon iPhone4 this past monday. Naturally i took it to work to show off. Most of my co workers started hating right off the bat, "the iPhone5 comes out in the summer" "the iPhone5 is going to be way better" "blah blah blah iPhone5" It makes sense that since att now supports 4G that apple is going to release the iPhone4G in the summer. Why waste such a drastic redesign and only keep around for a year. Thoughts guys?
    Close. AT&T supports 4G *speeds* on portions of their HSPA network, but they won't launch (4G) LTE until later this year (no timeframe has been confirmed). When LTE comes, it will cover 70-75 million POPs, which will be about half the coverage of Verizon's LTE network at that time.

I think it's more likely we'll see a 4S than a 4G. I don't see Apple supporting LTE in this upcoming release, but I'll definitely hope!
    02-14-2011 08:10 AM
    3G speeds are fast enough for me. There gets to a point when it doesn't matter if your phone is just a little bit faster, because all of them are fast. The 4G is good enough and reason to show it off :P It is all based on what you're happy with. Like I am completely happy with my iPhone 4 does everything I need it to, and that's all that matters to me.
    02-14-2011 09:12 AM
    3G speeds are fast enough for me. There gets to a point when it doesn't matter if your phone is just a little bit faster, because all of them are fast. The 4G is good enough and reason to show it off :P It is all based on what you're happy with. Like I am completely happy with my iPhone 4 does everything I need it to, and that's all that matters to me.
    Exactly, and who knows what the data prices will be with 4g I am fine with my unlimited 3g and iphone 4 it is plenty fast. People feel they just always need the latest and greatest even if it isnt that big of a step up from what they already have.
    02-14-2011 09:14 AM
    There are rumors from Apple employees that a 4G (LTE) capable iPhone won't be released until 2012 (iPhone 6).

I'm wondering, though, if the iPhone nano will be the only one released this year. I hope not, but you never know. Jobs had to have had a hand in the design before he left on his medical leave, which should point to something more than just a smaller iPhone. All eyes on WWDC this summer, I suppose.
    02-14-2011 10:18 AM
    Seeing as nobody has released an LTE handset yet, I highly doubt the iPhone 5 will have the chip.
    02-14-2011 10:22 AM
    Well given NO ONE supports "4G" to its fullest, I dobut Apple will have 4G in their phones till AT LEAST iPhone 6 or iPhone 7. Then again, they may take the plunge and create a "4G" ready phone, but I don't expect that to happen. By 2013 we WILL have a 4G phone or at least when 5G starts to come to market

as for the name. I think Apple may just call it "iPhone 5". Its the 5th generation. The 5th iPhone. Makes a lot of sense. iPhone 4s seems gimicky and sounds that they are too lazy to come up with a better name, If they ever make a larger iPhone , that may be called the iPhone HD or the small one may be iPhone nano or iPhone mini.
    Entertainment72 likes this.
    02-14-2011 01:29 PM
    And who cares what other people think. Does the phone do what you want it to do for you? If you are always worried what other people say then you will never be happy with whatever phone you have.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    02-14-2011 07:02 PM
    Everyone claiming they "know" the iPhone released this summer will be LTE obviously forgets there were plenty of 3G phones on the market when they released their first iPhone as EDGE only. These are the same people that "knew" Apple would never release a CDMA iPhone because it didn't support voice/data at the same time. You know, just like the first iPhone. Apple doesn't need to be first. They need/want to be the best and offer something that is done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-14-2011 07:55 PM
    And who cares what other people think. Does the phone do what you want it to do for you? If you are always worried what other people say then you will never be happy with whatever phone you have.
    Exactly. I'm very happy with my EVO and I could care less if I don;'t have the "coolest phone out there" It does the job for ME and thats all that matters.

If your happy with the iPhone 4 then so be it.

by the way, what kind of phones do they have? Flip?
    02-14-2011 09:36 PM
    [QUOTE=ChrisGonzales90;1676809]Exactly. I'm very happy with my EVO and I could care less if I don;'t have the "coolest phone out there" It does the job for ME and thats all that matters.

If your happy with the iPhone 4 then so be it.

by the way, what kind of phones do they have? Flip?[/QUOTE

There are a total of 4 original Droids and 5 LG Voyagers. But thanks guys. I love my iPhone, best phone i have ever owned, and i have owned quite a few over the years.
    02-15-2011 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD