So my computer that I sync my iPhone with crapper out on me. I have another CPU but I don't want to loose everything on my phone. ie. Apps, and music. What can I do so I won't loose this data
    02-13-2011 08:09 PM
    iPhone explorer
    02-13-2011 10:49 PM
    My computer wont boot at all. I think I have bad sectors on the hd and just need to reinstall. I just don't want too loose all the apps on my phone or the music I have on the phone.
    02-14-2011 07:29 AM
    I'm no computer wiz but my thoughts.
    can you go to a friends home and access your itunes account and backup all to it as in the iphone apps music.

2. doesn't the iphone and new whatever you put in computer once you setup the itunes as it was won't the iphone and computer re sync to each other?
    my mind says iphone will send all info to computer instead of computer to iphone.

will it work that way?
    02-14-2011 08:03 AM
    Thats kinda what I hoped would happen but I don't really know.
    02-14-2011 10:17 AM
    You need third party software to get music off the iPhone. The iPhone syncs with only 1 iTunes library. If you attempt to sync it with another it will wipe all media content on the iPhone; apps, music, videos, etc. The backup that happens does not back up media content, only data.

Apps you can download again for free from iTunes.
    02-14-2011 11:32 AM
    I used 2 apps to do when I had a problem with my computer last year

I used this to transfer the pictures from my iPhone to my new computer:

Transfer pictures from ipod to computer - iPod PC Transfer

This for my music

iCanExport - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

There are paid apps that do both but can't beat this for free. Worked perfectly for me when I switched from PC to Mac
    02-14-2011 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD