What is the coolest thing you learned your iPhone can do?

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I Miss Berry Buzz

And the ability to customize my email sounds and message sounds..also BBM :( Other then that it's a nice phone.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
If for some reason your iPhone is having major problems, hold the power and home key until the screen goes black. It's a reset option.

Hold the home and press the power key and it will take a screen shot.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Another reset option is to hold the Home and Sleep keys until you see the slider to shut off the phone, then hold the Home key for roughly 5 secs or so. This hard quits the app you currently have open.

You know scrollable text boxes, like on webpages? You can scroll through that on your iPhone by using two fingers instead of one.

Also (and this is my fave) if you are typing and you accidentally do something you didn't wanna do, shake your iPhone. It's the Undo/Redo feature :)

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
@ traveling guy. Did you know that if you hit the .com key and hold it, it displays .net, .edu, .org and .us and you just slide over to the one you want and release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also works for all the other lettered keys. Hold them down and versions of the same letter with different accents over it (for foreign languages) appear.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Came from a storm as well and have to agree with all other previous posts. This is a nice device. No batt pulls. No meterberry. No delete this app because of memory leaks (bb app store was the worst, sad). Just miss the profile customization ( not ready to jailbreak yet).

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh.. And one of the cool things I learned that I like is when ur reading something or u want to position ur cursor inside of a word to revise something during an email or text, just hold ur finger down on the screen for a second and a magnify glass pops up for easier reading or cursor placement

Reactions: disney.jessica#IM

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i'm just glad we don't drop 911 emergency calls... ;)

Oooooo...burn...

Wait that was on me lol. Luckily, I haven't had the need to call 911 in a few days...I mean years. It pained me to see that happen. But I will say this about the iPhone...boot time is a dream compared to my BlackBerries I've had. What if my phone froze up on me and I had to do a hard reset/battery pull. I wouldn't want to wait 7 minutes compared to my 30 second boot time.

So anyways, touche Duvi :)

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
i can use the front camera to make skype video call on 3g and the quality is as better as on wifi, no crash no slow speed, it's just great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
A little on my smartphone history, all on Verizon. I started with a HTC 6700, moved into a 6800 both Windows phones. Then I got a BB Storm 1, I got lucky and mine worked fine, only had to replace it once because my send and end keys quick clicking. On the storm 1 those keys weren't integrated into the screen yet. I then upgraded to a Storm 2 at launch, the first one had a crooked screen that dipped in one corner, so I had it replaced and the second one was perfect and the one I had til I got my iPhone 4.

With that out of the way, I love the fact I have a working browser! I know its been said, but if you never had a BB you just don't understand, lol. Safari is OK, but what I really love is Skyfire. I was on the beta for windows phones, but it hasn't (has been rumored to be in the works for BB) been released, even a beta for BB. Having a browser that plays flash is just sweet. I watch South Park on my breaks at work. Pandora works much better. The Maps program is better than google maps on BB and the GPS connects much much faster. As far as Media, the iPhone just blows BB away. I know there's more I just can't think of off of the top of my head.

I do miss a few things. BBM for one. Anyone who's owned a BB and used it extensivly know's what I mean, and probably understands why I miss it. I'll get over it though. Another thing I miss is a status light. I don't like reminder tones, because there's time's I just can't get to my phone, again, I'll get over it. I saw someone mentioned meterberry, I personaly loved that app, but I like logging my memory and battery level, just to see how the phone acted under heavy use. I'm still tring to find an app for iPhone that does something similar.

Oh, and this is my first post, so, Hi! lol. And this device ROCKS!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW