Does your IPHONE interfere with you cable tv?

tfalsetta#IM

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone interferes with my Timewarner cable tv. I have a scientific Atlantic 8300HD cable box with DVR capabilities this does not happen on all channels. Only the HD channels. And only certain channels. Like the golf channel (773 here). CNBC (731 here). What happens is e screen freezes and then continues i have impressed/suprised people by teeling them this then showing them Has anyone ever heard of this. It is not the cabling. It happens on the TVs as well in my house with cable box DVR capabilities. I do notice this is on 3G not while using wifi......

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon Fios, no issues with any cable or DVR and I have 3 boxes with DVRs in my house! I had a problem with the DVR freezing a month ago and the box needed to be replaced by a tech guy because it was going bad. What are you doing with your phone that you think it's making the DVR freeze up?

tfalsetta#IM

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
i know it is the phone because i can literally sit there and start my browser and wathc the picture freeze...then i stop put the phone down and it stops....pick it up again..check email and it freezes the picture again..

04redgto

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You have a problem with the cabling somewhere. There is a cut, or split, or bad connector or device (2-way, 4-way ect.) not keeping the cable system sealed, and letting rf interference into your cable setup.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone interferes with my Timewarner cable tv. I have a scientific Atlantic 8300HD cable box with DVR capabilities this does not happen on all channels. Only the HD channels. And only certain channels. Like the golf channel (773 here). CNBC (731 here). What happens is e screen freezes and then continues i have impressed/suprised people by teeling them this then showing them Has anyone ever heard of this. It is not the cabling. It happens on the TVs as well in my house with cable box DVR capabilities. I do notice this is on 3G not while using wifi......

You should rephrase your statement. Your iPhone isn't interfering with it; your cable system isn't shielded properly, so it is allowing interference. Or (and this is more likely) your cable operator is having issues. If I may ask, what is your operator?

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I have time Warner with the same box and could not duplicate your situation. Likely you have compromised shielding somewhere.

Martog

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Time Warner here with the same DVR box and no issues, never had any with WiFi or Verizon phones, I even have an Extender (non-3G even if that makes a difference) about four feet from my DVR and nothing.

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

This defiantly is a problem with your wifi interfearing with your cable box, since you said it only happens when you are connected to wifi. This would be where you contact you cable company.
-Power To The Players

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
No problems with my Comcast service when using either my or my wifes Verizon IP4 or my brothers ATT IP4, even when used all at the same time.

tracyyost

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone was doing this too, with Time Warner cable box. I turned off the bluetooth on the phone and it immediately fixed the problem.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Only when my annoying brother-in-law makes it ring while I?m trying to watch football...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal