loading ringtones

bluethndr

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
hey all

got my verizon iphone, set it all up with itunes, loaded all of my songs in ipod and all is good.

now, ringtones, i am having a hard time getting those in the iphone, out of the 6 i am trying to load on to the phone only one gets in, YES, all 6 are checked.

i try loading them manualy (still with itunes), i see them go in to the phone but, one over rides the other.

the att iphone i had no issues with anything.

who can help???

thnx

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
now I have a question.
don't mean to sorta redirect the thread.
I saved a a ringtone sent to me on a LG Versa verizon phone saved it to a sd chip.
can I save it to my Mac or send it to itunes and use it on my verizon iphone?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
How do you go about changing them to .m4r?

What OS are you using?

In Windows (7), you need to go to My Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checked. Then you go to where the .M4A file is located and change it to a .M4R file.

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, I am super frustrated with how difficult it is to put ringtones on the iPhone. It shouldn't be so difficult. Ugh.

vdubguy18

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have found it extremely easy to do. I have used a free app from the market and the just put them on iTunes saved them to pc and manually pulled them to the phone all done in a matter of seconds.

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have found it extremely easy to do. I have used a free app from the market and the just put them on iTunes saved them to pc and manually pulled them to the phone all done in a matter of seconds.

Thats the way I do it too. Makes it really easy.

Sosai X

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
What OS are you using?

In Windows (7), you need to go to My Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checked. Then you go to where the .M4A file is located and change it to a .M4R file.

Win7, thanks!

So that's all you need to do to make and use a custom ringtone? No jailbreak required?

rocky271

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Win7, thanks!

So that's all you need to do to make and use a custom ringtone? No jailbreak required?

There is all a custom ringtone designer app that you can create 30 sec ringtones with and then sync through itunes..... Very very simple. If you use the above method make sure to convert to ACC before changing the file extension. Then drag and drop. that's also very easy!

Good luck!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i followed all steps, from step 13 and on i'm having issues, i did find the ringtone in my music folder but there's no m4a so i can't click on use .m4r

suggestions

(from my earlier post)

What OS are you using?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
For those of you who understand that ringtones work the same on the iPhone - whether it's Verizon or AT&T - there is an entire forum dedicated to ringtones and wallpaper. There are lots of threads there explaining how to make them, how to use them, and offering ringtones to download.

It's time y'all stopped creating new threads in the VZW forum that have nothing to do with anything carrier specific.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox