First 96 hours - data use?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I have seen people openly admit using 100+ GB/month on sprint by tethering on an android device. I have never touched that amount even when I had cable net in college and was a torrent junkie. There has to be quite a few abusing the system and this will actually help us normal users I truly believe.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I am glad I have unlimited. I hope AT&T doesn't smack my hand for going over 5 gig soft cap.

e9d83f8d.jpg

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I am glad I have unlimited. I hope AT&T doesn't smack my hand for going over 5 gig soft cap.

e9d83f8d.jpg

I'm for a throttle for top 5% but I am totally against it continuing through the next cycle. If a common user like me falls in the bottom of the 5% somehow I would then know how to limit my usage and should NOT be punished that long. The iPhone is not usable, period, on VZW with less than 3G speeds.

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have used about 150 MB so far. I use Wifi most the time, but I have downloaded a few apps on the 3G when I wasn't at home.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Off topic, but since this unlimited data for the iPhone is supposedly for a limited time if we buy a new phone for full retail and not sign a contract will we be able to keep the unlimited plan? I figure you would only be forced to choose another data plan if they change only if you upgrade and have to sign another contract, correct?

xfillthy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Off topic, but since this unlimited data for the iPhone is supposedly for a limited time if we buy a new phone for full retail and not sign a contract will we be able to keep the unlimited plan? I figure you would only be forced to choose another data plan if they change only if you upgrade and have to sign another contract, correct?

i think its should be for the life of the contract, so the device shouldn't make a difference.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i think its should be for the life of the contract, so the device shouldn't make a difference.

I think they are just offering it for a limited time. Once you have it you have it, as far as I know. The only time I see them taking it away is with the LTE plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: epphllps

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon 2G (1X) is faster than EDGE. About 2x faster. It's definitely usable, just not fast.

When I end up with the little "o" icon and have slow data I have to enter airplane mode to get 3G back. I definitely don't have the patience needed to wait 30 seconds or longer for a webpage to load lol

Speaking of 1X, has anyone had issues with the phone switching to 1X when you had a pretty good signal? I never go under 3 bars within my house and all of a sudden I will see that it has switched to the "o" instead of 3G. This happens way too often for my liking..any advice on what this might mean? I would think with at least 3 bars I would stay on 3G constantly. I live just a couple of miles from a tower, also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal