Last night I sent a picture from an Android phone to 9 people. Two of them just got their new Verizon iPhones yetserday. Both of them replied to my picture message. This morning I found out that when the two with the new iPhones resonded to me it also sent their replies to everyone else that I had sent the picture to. FYI for all the new Verizon iPhone owners.
    02-11-2011 03:38 PM
    The same thing happened to me when I got a forward and replied to it it replied to everyone
    02-11-2011 03:45 PM
    I can't say I care for this...

When you receive the message, and try to respond, does it even let you know that you are about to send it to 10 people?
    02-11-2011 03:47 PM
    thats why I dont reply to those group messages. Ill close out that message and respond directly to that person. You are able to see who is under that group message by expanding the "to" field.
    02-11-2011 03:53 PM
    I can't say I care for this...

When you receive the message, and try to respond, does it even let you know that you are about to send it to 10 people?
    no it doesnt let you know
    02-11-2011 03:55 PM
    thats why I dont reply to those group messages. Ill close out that message and respond directly to that person. You are able to see who is under that group message by expanding the "to" field.
    That's a bit helpful.. At least there is a way you can tell who all you will be replying to.
    02-11-2011 03:56 PM
    Whoever has this problem should turn off the group messaging feature in the settings.

Settings>Messages and you'll see the option.
    Redseouls likes this.
    02-11-2011 04:11 PM
    Whoever has this problem should turn off the group messaging feature in the settings.

So that makes it when you reply it doesnt reply all just to the person who sent you the message?
    02-11-2011 04:19 PM
    So that makes it when you reply it doesnt reply all just to the person who sent you the message?
    i hope.. i am activating mine later and i hope that option makes it so we only respond to the person who sent it
    02-11-2011 05:02 PM

I tried this, but ti is still responding to everyone when I reply to messages sent to multiple people. Is there any other way around this besides creating a new messge just to that person? I have another verizon iPhone that doesn't and hasn't ever done this and neither do my AT&T iPhones. It is weird that mine does.
    07-13-2011 11:56 AM
    Oh wow, I didn't know that was happening. Right now I'm scanning my memory for any instance that I might have replied to a message like that and said something I shouldn't have. :o

I'm glad I know this happens now. That's is really inconvenient and a huge oversight by Apple.
    Last edited by LadyBug; 07-13-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    07-13-2011 12:45 PM
    I turned group messaging off on my iphone and it only replies to the sender.
    07-13-2011 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD