Message Reply Concern

foad316

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Last night I sent a picture from an Android phone to 9 people. Two of them just got their new Verizon iPhones yetserday. Both of them replied to my picture message. This morning I found out that when the two with the new iPhones resonded to me it also sent their replies to everyone else that I had sent the picture to. FYI for all the new Verizon iPhone owners.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't say I care for this...

When you receive the message, and try to respond, does it even let you know that you are about to send it to 10 people?

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
thats why I dont reply to those group messages. Ill close out that message and respond directly to that person. You are able to see who is under that group message by expanding the "to" field.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
thats why I dont reply to those group messages. Ill close out that message and respond directly to that person. You are able to see who is under that group message by expanding the "to" field.

That's a bit helpful.. At least there is a way you can tell who all you will be replying to.

bichenorice

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Whoever has this problem should turn off the group messaging feature in the settings.

Settings>Messages and you'll see the option.

I tried this, but ti is still responding to everyone when I reply to messages sent to multiple people. Is there any other way around this besides creating a new messge just to that person? I have another verizon iPhone that doesn't and hasn't ever done this and neither do my AT&T iPhones. It is weird that mine does.

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, I didn't know that was happening. Right now I'm scanning my memory for any instance that I might have replied to a message like that and said something I shouldn't have. :eek:

I'm glad I know this happens now. That's is really inconvenient and a huge oversight by Apple.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2