I went to move the icon and I lost it, can anyone help!??
    02-11-2011 01:28 PM
    lol it has to be there. Check and see if it's in the utilities folder.
    02-11-2011 01:29 PM
    Not in utilities
    02-11-2011 01:32 PM
    maybe you moved it to another screen and created a folder by dropping it onto another icon, messages is an icon you can't delete
    02-11-2011 01:32 PM
    It has too either be on another screen on in a folder. There's absolutely no way to delete it.
    02-11-2011 01:34 PM
    I have lost my (green) message icon. I know people think it can't be deleted but it can. I accidentally placed it in a folder labeled "lifestyle" and accidentally deleted it. Now in order to receive text messages I have to go to the first "search screen" and type "MESS" and it appears. But I don't know how to get the icon back onto the phone. HELP!!!
    07-26-2013 12:43 PM
    It is impossible to delete the message app. All of the pre loaded apps do not generate an "x" in the top left corner when you hold them down to make changes on your screen. The only way anyone will believe you have succesfully deleted this app is to post screen shots of all of your screens. It's there somewhere.

I have lost my (green) message icon. I know people think it can't be deleted but it can. I accidentally placed it in a folder labeled "lifestyle" and accidentally deleted it. Now in order to receive text messages I have to go to the first "search screen" and type "MESS" and it appears. But I don't know how to get the icon back onto the phone. HELP!!!
    If it shows up in the search screen then it is still on the phone. If it was deleted it would not show up there.
    07-27-2013 08:58 AM
    As others have said, you cant delete it. And even if you could, you could not find/access it on your iDevice if you had deleted it.

1. Go to the Spotlight screen (Home screen and scroll to the left).
    2. Type Messages in the search box.
    3. See where the icon lives (the name of the folder is on the right side of the list entry)
    Attached Thumbnails Lost SMS Icon-img_0096.png  
    rdiddy_25 likes this.
    07-27-2013 11:06 AM
    My icon was in the page to the left of the home page and when I typed message in the search box i could see that my messages icon was in my Lifestyle icons box. Thanks for the help.
    03-03-2016 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD