Why there were no lines for IPHONE at Verizon Stores

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so very much for sharing your infinite wisdom with us poor, sad, unknowing Verizon hicks... and may the bird of paradise fly up your nose. :D

dude chill out. I was stating why I thought lines were short. I am using the same phone as everybody else here. Now same thing with you... move along. :D If you dont like my posts, ignore them . Its simple ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T too...

This is a forum for iPhone users, not just Verizon users. The iPhone is a global entity.

Funny... I see the title of this sub-forum as "Verizon iPhone Forum"... sounds kind of obvious what it's purpose should be: discussion of issues specific to the iPhone on Verizon... but maybe I'm all wrong about that :confused:

Reactions: shipwrestler125

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Funny... I see the title of this sub-forum as "Verizon iPhone Forum"... sounds kind of obvious what it's purpose should be: discussion of issues specific to the iPhone on Verizon... but maybe I'm all wrong about that :confused:

I was speaking of the forum as a whole...

If you want to ostracize those that are trying to help you, though...

This is a temporary forum, because the CDMA iPhone was just launched. Give it time, once the iPhone 5 is rolled out, it will be "one phone to rule them all" with GSM and CDMA together (no LTE (one source, there are others), but that will come when the world has their LTE networks more deployed).

We're trying to help the Verizon customers by answering your questions and chiming in with our experience. Yes, some of the Verizon customers had an iPhone before...but not all of them.

Sorry to go off topic, OP. Truly I am.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Come on guys. We are all iPhone users here to help each other out. Some are only offering their opinion about why something may or may not have happened. It doesn't look like flaming or hating. Just their reason which had a valid point. "Can't we all just get along" - Rodney King :D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Come on guys. We are all iPhone users here to help each other out. Some are only offering their opinion about why something may or may not have happened. It doesn't look like flaming or hating. Just their reason which had a valid point. "Can't we all just get along" - Rodney King :D

I've been chatting with many Vzn users. Never a problem. Just a couple people didn't like my posts and turned it I to a carrier war. Your right I was just stating my opinion and I meant no harm. Thanks for understanding my original post.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been chatting with many Vzn users. Never a problem. Just a couple people didn't like my posts and turned it I to a carrier war. Your right I was just stating my opinion and I meant no harm. Thanks for understanding my original post.

I know. Me and you were jabbing each other the other day about our carriers. And not harm no foul. And at the end of the day, it's only a carrier. Not my wife, not my mom, not anything that I cannot live without.

And you're right it's an 8 month phone. I waited in line back in June for the iPhone 4 for AT&T. It's the same phone. And I know I just upgraded in Feb for an 8 month old phone. But I've done worst for more many times :D

tfalsetta#IM

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The preorders I feel are a huge reason they had small lines. I mean they supposedly sold a million or so in preorders I mean and when they were predicting to sell 5-6 million the entire year the one million is a lot for just current customers. At&t didnt allow preorders which is why they had huge lines

I think AT&T allowed pre order...I pre-ordered my Iphone 4...i think the biggest reason was the iphone 4 has been out for so long....Do you think AT&T or VZ will get the iphone 5?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think AT&T allowed pre order...I pre-ordered my Iphone 4...i think the biggest reason was the iphone 4 has been out for so long....Do you think AT&T or VZ will get the iphone 5?

Yes AT&T pre-ordered but they didn't allow people to get them before the device actually launched. And like most of us can agree, it was the new model at the time. VZW shipped these before the launch date which kind of showed that they felt it wasn't a new device so it was no need to make everyone wait until 1 day. I think both will get the iPhone 5. I don't see Apple missing the chance to sell to both customer bases. There have already been rumors about Apple working on a dual mode iPhone that could do both GSM and CDMA. Which would make it probable that both carriers would have one.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes I believe both will have it at the end of June. Apple would get hammered if they dont release it to all and they want to make billions of profit.

r0k

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the lines were short because of the mandatory $30 data plan. I think At&t saw sales jump when they started offering tiered data. We can't really tell the appeal of At&t vs Verizon until they match each other's plans. Perhaps in a month or two VZW will bring tiered data back. That's what I'd need to go back. I like my $15 a month data despite the frequent call problems I have. I picked up my iPhone 4 in September and have used "Mark the Spot" over a dozen times. That's more than a dozen dropped or failed calls in only 5 short months or to put it another way more than 3 times the number of dropped and failed calls I had on Verizon in the 10 years before I switched. So I'll be going to Verizon as soon as I can get the same pricing I get at At&t. Oh, and as soon as the ETF cost goes down enough for me to switch($325 minus $10 a month).

Another reason for the short lines is VZW isn't letting their Droid prisoners out of their contracts. I know a guy with a relatively new LG Ally who can't switch for another 15 months. All that talk of big rebates for trade ins is for people bring phone lines from other carriers. I was offered over $210 for my iPhone 4. Not quite enough to cover my ETF not to mention the cost of buying the CDMA version of something I already own. So Verizon's conservative pricing and policies are having an effect as much as cold weather and the fact the phone is 8 months old.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps this is all part of the plan to ease into the iPhone without a spike in users? That way, the can stay ahead of demand.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think most people wanted a iphone got droids and are stuck in contract. If iphone came out before the droidx/incredible things would be different.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2