Screen Protector Ruin Iphone 4 Retina Display

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
AT&T screen protectors are not that good. Only power support or sgp crystal will let you retain screen quality. All screen protectors will slightly affect quality some more. I have returned s couple of iPhones and seen some new iPhones from my coworkers and know for sure the contrast on iPhone 4 is not consistent. Some iPhone have blue tint and brighter contrast while some have neutral or warmer screens. Even though the warmer screen is the better quality like a calibrated tv for most this appears as not as bright. Luckily my iPhone now is neutral which is the best in my pinion not too blue not too yellow.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Totally agree mrsFAB, the screen is scratch proof. It's funny cause no matter how much I tell all my friends about em AND prove it by using an exacto knife, they still don't believe me and keep that thing on. It just makes the screen look so blurry!!

The screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. I have seen people with scratches on their screen that baby their phone. Becareful with that exacto knife ;)

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Totally agree mrsFAB, the screen is scratch proof. It's funny cause no matter how much I tell all my friends about em AND prove it by using an exacto knife, they still don't believe me and keep that thing on. It just makes the screen look so blurry!!

The biggest load of lies ever....please post a youtube video of you doing this. Or else this is BS....

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. I have seen people with scratches on their screen that baby their phone. Becareful with that exacto knife ;)

I'm one of those people, was so so careful and to my knowledge phone did not come in to contact with anything abrasive however i now have a small hairline scratch :mad:. Fortunately it is hardly noticeable and me and my iphone now roll with full protection :)

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
No It just looks Terrible with the screen protector on.
UPDATE: I took off the screen protector, and I Can see the original retina beauty. Thanks for all the input guys I will definitely take it into consideration when purchasing a new screen protector this weekend, But for now am rolling naked with my phone constantly wrapped in a HUGE Micro fiber cloth for protection. (Just in-case)
I Will post back with my observations when I make a decision.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just compared my bestskinsever to my friends naked iPhone 4. When te screen is lit up you cannot tell the difference.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the type of screen protector you get.

Anti Glare protectors are going to have a certain degradation of the screen image just based on how they are made and how they refract the light.
It also depends on the quality of the screen protector. Not all films are equal.

I'm one of those people, was so so careful and to my knowledge phone did not come in to contact with anything abrasive however i now have a small hairline scratch :mad:. Fortunately it is hardly noticeable and me and my iphone now roll with full protection :)
All it takes is a speck of sand -- or anything harder than the glass.

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was actually using the Helium 2 pack from Bestbuy...and for the last couple of weeks I had an extra antiglare screen so slid it on...I liked the fact that there was no fingerprints or glare. But oh what it did to actually take away from the retina display. Everything looked grainier and not clear.

So picked up another Helium 2 pack and put that back on...Once again, I'm loving the clear crispiness of the the retina display. So bright and clear, and protected.

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
GREAT NEWS: I went to the Apple store (Its in a mall) over the weekend, after finishing my business, directly outside of Apple was a lil kiosk that was selling, iPhone cases and screen protectors I was skeptical but I went up to the guy and asked him to put one on my wife's phone (The test phone :) ) he did and I was frankly amazed, you could not tell it was there and I compared it with my phone and there was no sign of image degradation, I was blown away so I got one for myself. The somewhat oily look that I had with the old screen protector when I hold it at an angle, was no more. So my adventure in picking the right screen protector for my iPhone is over and I am a happy camper. Been a blast sharing this on the forums.

PS. I was so fascinated by how the guy was cleaning the screen to put on the protector that I totally forgot to check the brand, all I remember is that it was in a Black case.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
GREAT NEWS: I went to the Apple store (Its in a mall) over the weekend, after finishing my business, directly outside of Apple was a lil kiosk that was selling, iPhone cases and screen protectors I was skeptical but I went up to the guy and asked him to put one on my wife's phone (The test phone :) ) he did and I was frankly amazed, you could not tell it was there and I compared it with my phone and there was no sign of image degradation, I was blown away so I got one for myself. The somewhat oily look that I had with the old screen protector when I hold it at an angle, was no more. So my adventure in picking the right screen protector for my iPhone is over and I am a happy camper. Been a blast sharing this on the forums.

PS. I was so fascinated by how the guy was cleaning the screen to put on the protector that I totally forgot to check the brand, all I remember is that it was in a Black case.

There is a zagg kiosk outside our apple store. Thought about getting one.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
i use a zagg invisibleSHIELD and there is a slight difference... but it's a small price to pay for quality protection

I used one of those when I upgraded from the 3G to the 3GS. I hated how it made my screen look slightly blurred. They've probably updated the protectors by now though.

4mynikka

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Best Skins Ever Screen protector and full body shield on my phones and I can vouch that the screen protector doesn't affect the screen quality whatsoever it's perfect.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPod touch and although it doesn't have Retina display, i had a screen protector on it and it made it very blurry. I just recently took it off, like literally 10 minutes ago, and the picture is ridiculously clearer. By the way, the screen protector was a no-name knockoff that i got from Chinatown... BAD IDEA lol. I'm just lucky that it didn't mess it up at all.