The screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. I have seen people with scratches on their screen that baby their phone. Becareful with that exacto knife
    I'm one of those people, was so so careful and to my knowledge phone did not come in to contact with anything abrasive however i now have a small hairline scratch . Fortunately it is hardly noticeable and me and my iphone now roll with full protection
    02-16-2011 12:59 PM
    No It just looks Terrible with the screen protector on.
    UPDATE: I took off the screen protector, and I Can see the original retina beauty. Thanks for all the input guys I will definitely take it into consideration when purchasing a new screen protector this weekend, But for now am rolling naked with my phone constantly wrapped in a HUGE Micro fiber cloth for protection. (Just in-case)
    I Will post back with my observations when I make a decision.
    02-16-2011 02:51 PM
    I just compared my bestskinsever to my friends naked iPhone 4. When te screen is lit up you cannot tell the difference.
    02-16-2011 07:31 PM
    Depends on the type of screen protector you get.

Anti Glare protectors are going to have a certain degradation of the screen image just based on how they are made and how they refract the light.
    It also depends on the quality of the screen protector. Not all films are equal.

I'm one of those people, was so so careful and to my knowledge phone did not come in to contact with anything abrasive however i now have a small hairline scratch . Fortunately it is hardly noticeable and me and my iphone now roll with full protection
    All it takes is a speck of sand -- or anything harder than the glass.
    02-17-2011 01:08 PM
    The only thing I don't like about my screen protector is it seems to hold on to finger grease more than the screen.
    02-17-2011 01:32 PM
    The only thing I don't like about my screen protector is it seems to hold on to finger grease more than the screen.
    What brand do you have?
    02-17-2011 01:46 PM
    I was actually using the Helium 2 pack from Bestbuy...and for the last couple of weeks I had an extra antiglare screen so slid it on...I liked the fact that there was no fingerprints or glare. But oh what it did to actually take away from the retina display. Everything looked grainier and not clear.

So picked up another Helium 2 pack and put that back on...Once again, I'm loving the clear crispiness of the the retina display. So bright and clear, and protected.
    02-21-2011 02:26 AM
    GREAT NEWS: I went to the Apple store (Its in a mall) over the weekend, after finishing my business, directly outside of Apple was a lil kiosk that was selling, iPhone cases and screen protectors I was skeptical but I went up to the guy and asked him to put one on my wife's phone (The test phone ) he did and I was frankly amazed, you could not tell it was there and I compared it with my phone and there was no sign of image degradation, I was blown away so I got one for myself. The somewhat oily look that I had with the old screen protector when I hold it at an angle, was no more. So my adventure in picking the right screen protector for my iPhone is over and I am a happy camper. Been a blast sharing this on the forums.

PS. I was so fascinated by how the guy was cleaning the screen to put on the protector that I totally forgot to check the brand, all I remember is that it was in a Black case.
    02-21-2011 09:38 AM
    the screen protector that is built into the otterbox defender case has the same problem !
    02-27-2011 10:27 PM
    GREAT NEWS: I went to the Apple store (Its in a mall) over the weekend, after finishing my business, directly outside of Apple was a lil kiosk that was selling, iPhone cases and screen protectors I was skeptical but I went up to the guy and asked him to put one on my wife's phone (The test phone ) he did and I was frankly amazed, you could not tell it was there and I compared it with my phone and there was no sign of image degradation, I was blown away so I got one for myself. The somewhat oily look that I had with the old screen protector when I hold it at an angle, was no more. So my adventure in picking the right screen protector for my iPhone is over and I am a happy camper. Been a blast sharing this on the forums.

PS. I was so fascinated by how the guy was cleaning the screen to put on the protector that I totally forgot to check the brand, all I remember is that it was in a Black case.
    There is a zagg kiosk outside our apple store. Thought about getting one.
    02-27-2011 10:48 PM
    i use a zagg invisibleSHIELD and there is a slight difference... but it's a small price to pay for quality protection
    I used one of those when I upgraded from the 3G to the 3GS. I hated how it made my screen look slightly blurred. They've probably updated the protectors by now though.
    02-28-2011 07:14 PM
    I've used Clarivue Ultra-clear on my last 3 phones and you cannot tell it's on the phone. They're marked down to $12.99 for a 2 pack and free shipping. I swear by them.

http://www.clarivue.com/apple-iphone...protector.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-28-2011 08:19 PM
    I've taken a key to my iPhone and did the same with my Droid X. It doesn't scratch.
    I hate screen protectors. No reason to ruin a beautiful display with those ugly things.
    How is that possible?
    02-28-2011 08:26 PM
    I've been using the Best Skins Ever Screen protector and full body shield on my phones and I can vouch that the screen protector doesn't affect the screen quality whatsoever it's perfect.
    03-01-2011 01:34 AM
    I have an iPod touch and although it doesn't have Retina display, i had a screen protector on it and it made it very blurry. I just recently took it off, like literally 10 minutes ago, and the picture is ridiculously clearer. By the way, the screen protector was a no-name knockoff that i got from Chinatown... BAD IDEA lol. I'm just lucky that it didn't mess it up at all.
    03-01-2011 01:52 AM
    By the way, the screen protector was a no-name knockoff that i got from Chinatown... BAD IDEA
    I used the ZAGG InvisibleShield and the Clear-Coat screen protectors when the 3GS first came out. Both left my screen looking blurred. Neither were cheap, so maybe your idea of going cheap was better than me spending $40+ on expensive screen protectors!
    03-01-2011 02:06 AM
    I used the ZAGG InvisibleShield and the Clear-Coat screen protectors when the 3GS first came out. Both left my screen looking blurred. Neither were cheap, so maybe your idea of going cheap was better than me spending $40+ on expensive screen protectors!
    I guess at that point, you may as well leave the screen protector on
    03-01-2011 02:43 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD