For those who are overwhelmed/underwhelmed/etc

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would share some advice for all those new to iOS/Apple.

Do not over analyze things. It's hard to explain, and does apply more to OS X, but also to iOS. Try to take a step back and visualize what you want to do, and trust your instincts. It often works.

Is iOS perfect? No. But if you let go of what you know or have always done, I think you will get that "Ah-ha!" moment.

Sorry to get all Jedi-like. Maybe I should change my screen name to Obi-Shawn. ;)

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree, and if I may add, you have 14 days to get accustomed to your new device, use them. Let some of the initial desire/novelty wear off before making any rash decisions like returning it immediately just because it's not what you are used to. In that same token, don't keep it either simply because you rationalize that you've wanted it so long that you must keep it, if it isn't for you than so be it. Don't try and force yourself to like anything, give it a fair shake though.

Reactions: iSRS

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not getting any of those feelings. This is my first smartphone and let me tell you, it is a whole different world going from featurephone to smartphone. Almost life changing because it manages what I can do if I am not doing something. I can go an a competent web browser, watch netflix, click on maps and look for nearby anything (gas stations, restaurants, banks). I love it! :D

Redseouls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
When the iPhone came out I wanted it badly (but not badly enough to switch from Verizon to AT&T). So to bide my time until the iPhone came to Verizon, I bought a BB Pearl. At first I was confused, but slowly I found my way around it. So after two years the iPhone still was not on Verizon, I bought the BB Tour. I must admit that I didn't mean to like the BB, but after 4 years I really learned my way around it. Fast forward to the evening of 2-7, when I activated my iPhone. It was not a smooth transition. However, I read this helpful forum. I asked my coworker questions (he's been an iPhone owner for some time), and I simply started playing around with my iPhone. Now, after 3 days, I feel I have a better grasp of my iPhone, and I no longer feel like I made a mistake leaving the BB. Good luck everyone!

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not getting any of those feelings. This is my first smartphone and let me tell you, it is a whole different world going from featurephone to smartphone. Almost life changing because it manages what I can do if I am not doing something. I can go an a competent web browser, watch netflix, click on maps and look for nearby anything (gas stations, restaurants, banks). I love it! :D

I recall when I got my first smartphone and I thought life couldn't get any better than BB, it revolutionized how and when I did things, the iPhone has taken my BB experience to a different level, I find my self on the safari more often since its a more user friendly experience than BB offers. Congratz and welcome the world of smartphones

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I recall when I got my first smartphone and I thought life couldn't get any better than BB, it revolutionized how and when I did things, the iPhone has taken my BB experience to a different level, I find my self on the safari more often since its a more user friendly experience than BB offers. Congratz and welcome the world of smartphones

I felt the same way. When I first got my blackberry, the curve 8330, I thought it was the best thing ever. I remember telling my dad how "If I ever get a new phone, it's going to be a blackberry." HA! Guess I didn't realize how much I was missing out with the iPhone.