List of GPS apps and their problems on Verizon iPhone 4

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thought I would start a master thread of gps apps and the problems they have as ALOT of people are reporting problems with Viphones...here are the programs I have used so far and problems they have

Flixster Movies: puts me roughly 100 miles away
Vz Nav: Puts me about 15 miles away when I first logged on
Navigon:Loses Gps while navigating

I will update this list as I try more and more people fill in their programs and the problems they have...hopefully people will just look here instead of posting a ton of threads, also maybe we can put pressure on the software makers to get those updates rolling out to use the cdma chip instead of the gsm version they have been using!

Last edited:

occb2

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if its still this price. I got the Iphone 4 when Verizon ticked me off. I had it for almost 4 weeks and returned it. In the middle of having it for ATT, I brought Copilot live. They had a sale for $5 dollars. Down from $80. It was only for that weekend. Don't know if it is still that price. Look it up. The program runs great. I use to Have Copilot live with my Pocket PC years ago. Anyway when I synced my new Iphone it went right in to it and works like a charm. One problem is that it stores everything on your phone so it take over a gig of your memory.

Robert

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Navigon is a good app but I had a few errors and had a problem re-routing. Personally I use Tom Tom as my gps app. I have not really run into any problems with it. I waited until it went on sale tho. That's always your best bet that way you usually can get it half off.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
navigon is quite usable... navigated 35 miles without finding my way... it DOES loose signal intermittantly, but only for maybe 1 or 2 seconds.

Reactions: alpha752

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've not been able to use it much yet because I've not been on the road much. But I have MotionX Drive, and it seems to work fine. It like to be on the dash as opposed to the console. Stronger signal that way.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I picked up Navigon yesterday, tired it out for about a 15 mile trip. Worked great I even got the traffic update. No issues that I saw.

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
heres an interesting one, and remember this thread is for ANY program that uses the gps chips.....but foursquare puts me on a different street (there are TWO mogadore roads here in ohio, and I am roughly 10-12 miles away on the other one) but it puts me on the other mogadore road so I cant check in where I am. NEVER had this problem before and I have gone through a lot of phones.

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm using mapquest 4 mobile - used it twice for 2 different one-hour-drive trips. During one trip the GPS stopped working for a couple minutes, but my husband said it was because we were at the entrance to a military base and that it would have happened no matter what GPS I was using. Other than that, mapquest worked flawlessly. It gives verbal turn-by-turn navigation and it's FREE

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using mapquest 4 mobile - used it twice for 2 different one-hour-drive trips. During one trip the GPS stopped working for a couple minutes, but my husband said it was because we were at the entrance to a military base and that it would have happened no matter what GPS I was using. Other than that, mapquest worked flawlessly. It gives verbal turn-by-turn navigation and it's FREE

I second the Mapquest 4 mobile. Been happy with it so far.

Kamilli0n

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mapquest has been the only program not to lose gps signal for me. I tried the free version of Motion X earlier and it lost signal exactly like Navigon did.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not a GPS app in the sense that you guys are using it, but I went for a walk with Nike + GPS, and it had me doing donuts in the middle of the street while walking at a 3 minute/mile pace. :rolleyes:

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have Navigon, and while I don't like the interface or the lack of customization that I was used to with TomTom (originally got Navigon for my iPad), it hasn't failed routing me yet. Local trips as well as a couple hours of driving.

I'd prefer TomTom, but can't bring myself to buy it when I already bought Navigon and it has universal binaries.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro