My mom got a new iPhone 4 for Xmas. Her # key is on the second tier keyboard where the numbers are. It came that way.

How do I get my iPhone 4 and iPad to do that?
    02-10-2011 06:41 PM
    Where it is depends on what app your in. Email has it on the number/2nd tier and in mms its on the 3rd tier.
    02-10-2011 10:32 PM
    its the keyboard setting I believe .. just check the other english versions of the keyboard or it's a different layout
    02-11-2011 04:50 AM
    Where it is depends on what app your in. Email has it on the number/2nd tier and in mms its on the 3rd tier.
    I wonder if app developers can manipulate that or if apple has it locked down. Twitter needs to do it if they can. It would be a great help!

Thanks
    02-11-2011 11:50 AM
    Cleveland is correct. If you switch from "US" to "US extended" it shows up in the next/alt screen.
    02-11-2011 02:56 PM
    Cleveland is correct. If you switch from "US" to "US extended" it shows up in the next/alt screen.
    Wait. I thought that US extended thing was if you were using a bluetooth keyboard or something like that...which I am not...nor was my mom. Thus changing the hardware layouts isn't working. I actually tried it already and someone told me that it was only for hardware not the resident ios keyboard.
    Last edited by xultar; 02-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    02-11-2011 04:43 PM
    Idk about that, but I switched it and it gave me the # symbol on the alt screen in each app.
    02-11-2011 07:44 PM
    Idk about that, but I switched it and it gave me the # symbol on the alt screen in each app.
    Where r u testing? Because you can't changevthe software layout to anything other than qwerty qwertz And azerty

If you test in email The # is on the 2nd tier. Everywhere else it is on 3rd tier. I guess unless you are jailbroken then you may have abilities that I do not.
    02-12-2011 02:11 AM
    My bad. It only shows in the second tier in SMS & email. It does not in Safari, Twitter or Facebook. Are both you and your Mom running the same iOS? That would be the only other explanation if your keyboard settings are the same.

I am not Jailbroken.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 02-12-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    02-12-2011 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD