The group text function does not work properly when sending to AT&T iPhone users. If I send a text, they see it in separate threads rather than in the group thread. However, when they send a text to me, I see the whole conversation between the 4 of us in one thread.

Does Verizon not send the message out in the proper format for them to read? This needs to be corrected as it renders the feature almost useless if they each have to look at my individual text and then go back and reply in the group thread.
    02-10-2011 04:12 PM
    How does one group text and what is that all about?
    02-10-2011 04:27 PM
    The group text function does not work properly when sending to AT&T iPhone users. If I send a text, they see it in separate threads rather than in the group thread. However, when they send a text to me, I see the whole conversation between the 4 of us in one thread.

Does Verizon not send the message out in the proper format for them to read? This needs to be corrected as it renders the feature almost useless if they each have to look at my individual text and then go back and reply in the group thread.
    This may have nothing to do with it, but do you have Group messaging format on in settings/messages ?
    02-10-2011 04:50 PM
    This may have nothing to do with it, but do you have Group messaging format on in settings/messages ?
    Yes, we all have group text on. I meant to say that in the OP. Thanks though.
    02-10-2011 06:39 PM
    I have absolutely no idea on the subject, but doesn't Verizon and AT&T format texts differently? Like, my Verizon phones usually have issues going past 160 characters (except for the more recent ones) and AT&T users can use a bunch of characters in texts that VZW users can't. Maybe it has to do with that? But if it does, they should have known this ahead of time and told customers it would only work in-carrier...

Again, I have no idea, but it MIGHT have something to do with that...
    02-10-2011 07:56 PM
    That could be it...I just hope there's a way for either Apple or Verizon to update and correct it.
    02-11-2011 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD