Signal Issues

x2jag2x

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE on page 4.

Received my Verizon iPhone yesterday and I'm in love with it, but I've been having a problem.

This has happened three times in the last day. I'm sitting at work and I'll have 5/5 or 4/5 bars. Then all of a sudden it drops to 1/5 bars and then to "Searching..." Eventually I just get "No Service." I'm not even holding the phone and I have a case on it already. Wifi on, wifi off, no difference. Case on, case off, no difference.

To solve the problem I've rebooted it (worked fine). Then it happened again and once again rebooted. Just happened a third time and I reset the network settings (which also does a restart). I'm back in action, but I'm worried this will keep happening.

I've NEVER had reception problems with any other phone in my work office.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Dial *228
Option 2
Wait for the music to complete
Restart your phone

Needs this periodically to update the Towers.....good luck

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds suspiciously like the "Death Grip" issue that was highly publicized for the AT&T version on release.

On a note of Data Roaming: Verizon charges a LOT for data roaming, just FYI. It's in the fine print of your contract (I read it when I had a Droid).

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds suspiciously like the "Death Grip" issue that was highly publicized for the AT&T version on release.

On a note of Data Roaming: Verizon charges a LOT for data roaming, just FYI. It's in the fine print of your contract (I read it when I had a Droid).

Except it sounds absolutely nothing like the death grip given:

x2 said:
I'm not even holding the phone and I have a case on it already.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
People reported that at first too, though, if I remember correctly.

Of course, many of those reports were later proven to be blown way out of proportion.

Updating the PRL would be a good start. I was just pointing out the similarities. There's a thread about the "Death Hug" on this very forum

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

That may be correct on the roaming charges but as long as you are in the US that would not apply. I had an issue with my signal and found that Data Roaming was turned off and after talking with tech I was losing the Verizon data signal not having that on.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There could possibly be a problem with the cell tower. I see you're in OH and I sure you have had a lot of winter weather lately. Could be an intermittently bad antenna (s) on the tower or just ice in the antenna (s). Ice, snow and wind play havoc on antennas, feed lines and connectors.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There could possibly be a problem with the cell tower. I see you're in OH and I sure you have had a lot of winter weather lately. Could be an intermittently bad antenna (s) on the tower or just ice in the antenna (s). Ice, snow and wind play havoc on antennas, feed lines and connectors.

That's a good point, it was -2 deg this morning. I was having a really odd issue. My 3G has chagnged to an "o"...... I will post a pic.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
k3q60x.png

Check out where it should say 3G right after Verizon.
This threw me for a loop till I found out what it meant.

x2jag2x

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I guess I should actually fill out my info. No icy weather here. I'm in sunny southern California - it's 75 degrees out right now. (Sorry East Coasters lol)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner