Squaretrade?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So worth it? Right now it is discounted for the launch. Seems to be a lot better than Verizon's or Apple's coverage.

Talk amongst yourselves.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and they have a discount right now, thanks!

I purchased it. I still dont completely understand it but I have had Asurion since I had the Sidekick 2 and only replaced one phone since then. So price wise, $10/month over 6 years or so equals $720 bucks that I paid asurion for nothing but to replace my Sidekick 3 once for $100 or so.

I THINK that squaretrade has to pay $100.00 for the insurance and then $50 to replace the phone if it is broken but they do try to repair it first. I have read some good comments and some negative comments but it seemed more logical for me

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I purchased it. I still dont completely understand it but I have had Asurion since I had the Sidekick 2 and only replaced one phone since then. So price wise, $10/month over 6 years or so equals $720 bucks that I paid asurion for nothing but to replace my Sidekick 3 once for $100 or so.

I THINK that squaretrade has to pay $100.00 for the insurance and then $50 to replace the phone if it is broken but they do try to repair it first. I have read some good comments and some negative comments but it seemed more logical for me

The best thing about square trade is that if you terminate the agreement before the duration of it, you get a prorated portion of you money. So let's say VZW releases the iPhone 5 this summer and you want to sell your 4 so you can get the 5. With all those other insurance plans, all the money you paid monthly, you can't get it back. With square trade, you cancel it and they refund your money and it's also transferable to help selling value.

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
They also have a trade in program. I'm not so sure that will be a large benefit but it is a nice free extra that they are throwing in. I will have to read up on it soon, but I am willing to bet that it will beat best buy hands down.

jrv331

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just remember that SquareTrade is only for damage, if you lose your phone or its stolen your out of luck. Verizon has a Iphone specific insurance plan that costs 10.xx a month. It covers everything but has a 199.99 deductable.

Personally I bought the Squaretrade warranty on sale. Im more worried about a damaged screen than loss or theft.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just remember that SquareTrade is only for damage, if you lose your phone or its stolen your out of luck. Verizon has a Iphone specific insurance plan that costs 10.xx a month. It covers everything but has a 199.99 deductable.

Personally I bought the Squaretrade warranty on sale. Im more worried about a damaged screen than loss or theft.

x2 for me. And the sale was the clincher.

doxiedad#IM

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I emailed square trade and asked. When you file a claim they send you a prepaid shipping label. They try to fix it, but if they can't they send you a check for a replacement, minus the $50 deductible. You hav 30 days from purchase to buy it, and 60 days to get a full refund.

I'm going that way im gonna go but the bank is kinda depleted from buying the wife and I two 32 gig phones this morning.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I warranty everything with Square Trade. In the last 2 months, they have fixed a laptop and a camera. While it takes a while, it's well worth the money. I looooove Square Trade.

doxiedad#IM

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
They have a 5 day guarantee on service. If it takes more than 5 business days from the time they receive the item they refund you the amount of your insurance

Dan@

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do i have to have the Iphone in my possession before signing up with SquareTrade? I placed my order on the 9th got tracking # today with Delivery on Monday 14th. I would like to sign up with SquareTrade before they end the discount, Just don't know if can do it before receiving the phone.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Do i have to have the Iphone in my possession before signing up with SquareTrade? I placed my order on the 9th got tracking # today with Delivery on Monday 14th. I would like to sign up with SquareTrade before they end the discount, Just don't know if can do it before receiving the phone.

No but you will have to either fax or email them a copy of your receipt for proof of purchase. If I were you I would wait until you get the phone and everything is working correctly before you buy the warranty. You don't want to buy the warranty and then have problems with the device and get a replacement device and then you have to do everything all over again. The deal isn't gonig anywhere and they always have discounts coupons floating around. 1 month after the iPhone 4 came out on AT&T, I got a warranty for 80 bucks from them. So don't worry.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
They regularly run deals/discounts. Actually, I may still have a 50% code from them leftover from some they gave me for a podcast giveaway. Let me know if you decide to hold off and miss the discount and I'll check.

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I just signed up for squaretrade. My biggest fear is glass breakage, and squaretrade covers that for $50. Best deal around. Depending on what issue I have, ill try to use the Apple warrenty first, and if they wont cover it, squaretrade will. I paid $81 for 2 years of coverage. Asurion can kiss my butt.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up for squaretrade. My biggest fear is glass breakage, and squaretrade covers that for $50. Best deal around. Depending on what issue I have, ill try to use the Apple warrenty first, and if they wont cover it, squaretrade will. I paid $81 for 2 years of coverage. Asurion can kiss my butt.

My biggest fears are:

1. The battery. I don't want my capacity to drop off and me be stuck with a phone that cant stay charged.

2. Glass. Yikes!

3. Water. Being a lifeguard I am always around water and even spilling a drink on it could be disastrous. X_x

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2