So worth it? Right now it is discounted for the launch. Seems to be a lot better than Verizon's or Apple's coverage.

Talk amongst yourselves.
    02-10-2011 11:53 AM
    02-10-2011 11:56 AM
    Oh, and they have a discount right now, thanks!
    02-10-2011 12:21 PM
    Oh, and they have a discount right now, thanks!
    I purchased it. I still dont completely understand it but I have had Asurion since I had the Sidekick 2 and only replaced one phone since then. So price wise, $10/month over 6 years or so equals $720 bucks that I paid asurion for nothing but to replace my Sidekick 3 once for $100 or so.

I THINK that squaretrade has to pay $100.00 for the insurance and then $50 to replace the phone if it is broken but they do try to repair it first. I have read some good comments and some negative comments but it seemed more logical for me
    02-10-2011 12:38 PM
    Yeah, I am worried about the whole screen thing that is why I purchased.
    02-10-2011 12:41 PM
    I purchased it. I still dont completely understand it but I have had Asurion since I had the Sidekick 2 and only replaced one phone since then. So price wise, $10/month over 6 years or so equals $720 bucks that I paid asurion for nothing but to replace my Sidekick 3 once for $100 or so.

I THINK that squaretrade has to pay $100.00 for the insurance and then $50 to replace the phone if it is broken but they do try to repair it first. I have read some good comments and some negative comments but it seemed more logical for me
    The best thing about square trade is that if you terminate the agreement before the duration of it, you get a prorated portion of you money. So let's say VZW releases the iPhone 5 this summer and you want to sell your 4 so you can get the 5. With all those other insurance plans, all the money you paid monthly, you can't get it back. With square trade, you cancel it and they refund your money and it's also transferable to help selling value.
    02-10-2011 01:48 PM
    They also have a trade in program. I'm not so sure that will be a large benefit but it is a nice free extra that they are throwing in. I will have to read up on it soon, but I am willing to bet that it will beat best buy hands down.
    02-10-2011 02:44 PM
    Just remember that SquareTrade is only for damage, if you lose your phone or its stolen your out of luck. Verizon has a Iphone specific insurance plan that costs 10.xx a month. It covers everything but has a 199.99 deductable.

Personally I bought the Squaretrade warranty on sale. Im more worried about a damaged screen than loss or theft.
    02-10-2011 03:42 PM
    Just remember that SquareTrade is only for damage, if you lose your phone or its stolen your out of luck. Verizon has a Iphone specific insurance plan that costs 10.xx a month. It covers everything but has a 199.99 deductable.

Personally I bought the Squaretrade warranty on sale. Im more worried about a damaged screen than loss or theft.
    x2 for me. And the sale was the clincher.
    02-10-2011 03:51 PM
    I emailed square trade and asked. When you file a claim they send you a prepaid shipping label. They try to fix it, but if they can't they send you a check for a replacement, minus the $50 deductible. You hav 30 days from purchase to buy it, and 60 days to get a full refund.

I'm going that way im gonna go but the bank is kinda depleted from buying the wife and I two 32 gig phones this morning.
    02-11-2011 12:14 AM
    I totally bought SquareTrade at the discounted price. That was too good to pass up.
    02-11-2011 12:17 AM
    I warranty everything with Square Trade. In the last 2 months, they have fixed a laptop and a camera. While it takes a while, it's well worth the money. I looooove Square Trade.
    02-11-2011 07:01 AM
    I just don't want them holding my phone for "a while"
    02-11-2011 07:40 AM
    They have a 5 day guarantee on service. If it takes more than 5 business days from the time they receive the item they refund you the amount of your insurance
    02-11-2011 08:07 AM
    The big wait is always on getting the return box.
    02-11-2011 09:17 AM
    Do i have to have the Iphone in my possession before signing up with SquareTrade? I placed my order on the 9th got tracking # today with Delivery on Monday 14th. I would like to sign up with SquareTrade before they end the discount, Just don't know if can do it before receiving the phone.
    02-11-2011 10:24 AM
    Do i have to have the Iphone in my possession before signing up with SquareTrade? I placed my order on the 9th got tracking # today with Delivery on Monday 14th. I would like to sign up with SquareTrade before they end the discount, Just don't know if can do it before receiving the phone.
    No but you will have to either fax or email them a copy of your receipt for proof of purchase. If I were you I would wait until you get the phone and everything is working correctly before you buy the warranty. You don't want to buy the warranty and then have problems with the device and get a replacement device and then you have to do everything all over again. The deal isn't gonig anywhere and they always have discounts coupons floating around. 1 month after the iPhone 4 came out on AT&T, I got a warranty for 80 bucks from them. So don't worry.
    02-11-2011 10:28 AM
    They regularly run deals/discounts. Actually, I may still have a 50% code from them leftover from some they gave me for a podcast giveaway. Let me know if you decide to hold off and miss the discount and I'll check.
    02-11-2011 11:24 AM
    I just signed up for squaretrade. My biggest fear is glass breakage, and squaretrade covers that for $50. Best deal around. Depending on what issue I have, ill try to use the Apple warrenty first, and if they wont cover it, squaretrade will. I paid $81 for 2 years of coverage. Asurion can kiss my butt.
    02-11-2011 09:06 PM
    I just signed up for squaretrade. My biggest fear is glass breakage, and squaretrade covers that for $50. Best deal around. Depending on what issue I have, ill try to use the Apple warrenty first, and if they wont cover it, squaretrade will. I paid $81 for 2 years of coverage. Asurion can kiss my butt.
    My biggest fears are:

1. The battery. I don't want my capacity to drop off and me be stuck with a phone that cant stay charged.

2. Glass. Yikes!

3. Water. Being a lifeguard I am always around water and even spilling a drink on it could be disastrous. X_x
    02-11-2011 09:11 PM
    My biggest fears are:

1. The battery. I don't want my capacity to drop off and me be stuck with a phone that cant stay charged.

2. Glass. Yikes!

3. Water. Being a lifeguard I am always around water and even spilling a drink on it could be disastrous. X_x
    Well, thanks for adding a whole new level of fear to my life, my job is half outside, and I forgot about getting stuck in the rain. Stupid sky water.
    02-11-2011 09:29 PM
    anybody have a discount code, i know their discount ends monday and i wont have the money till tuesday
    02-11-2011 10:43 PM
    02-11-2011 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD