Previously on my Verizon Blackberry, I updated my PRL occasionally by dialing *228 and selecting option 2. Is this necessary with the iPhone or does PRL update automatically when synced with iTunes?
    Last edited by curtisinoc; 02-10-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    02-10-2011 10:28 AM
    I just got off the phone with VZW tech and he told me that is was a good idea to do the *228 option just like you do with any other phone. I was having a little issue myself this morning and was able to get it fixed. But while we were trouble shooting we tried the *228 and he said no matter what device you have it's a good idea to do that once a month.
    shinbone likes this.
    02-10-2011 10:40 AM
    I activated mine from iTunes. All I had to do is sync it, accept VZW's conditions, and bam....activated.
    02-10-2011 11:07 AM
    I activated mine from iTunes. All I had to do is sync it, accept VZW's conditions, and bam....activated.
    The OP was referring to the PRL and not activating his phone.

I did the *228 and pressed option 2. It said PRL Update Succeeded, then a pop up showed up "Service Update Complete" on my phone. My Verizon signal disappeared and then came up again.

I guess this is something that should be done once per month? Probably a good idea to keep roaming list updated.
    02-10-2011 11:21 AM
    The OP was referring to the PRL and not activating his phone.

I did the *228 and pressed option 2. It said PRL Update Succeeded, then a pop up showed up "Service Update Complete" on my phone. My Verizon signal disappeared and then came up again.

I guess this is something that should be done once per month? Probably a good idea to keep roaming list updated.
    I usually travel alot. Usually when I get to a destination, I do the *228 option 2, just to make sure I am good where ever I am not sure it makes a difference, but gives me something to do while waiting to get of the airplane.
    02-10-2011 11:25 AM
    The PRL (preferred Roaming List) is always good to do once a month if you travel or not. They update the towers a lot, so doing this keeps everything up to date. I travel from Indiana to central Michigan and Iowa a lot and notice when I do if I do not update, I have a weaker signal. Once I update its perfect. Hope this helps.
    02-10-2011 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD