I need help. I've spent hours trying to find a solution and I couldn't. So I have my Gmail set up as an Exchange which syncs my contacts to my iPhone. I want to have the caller id pictures show up big instead of small. I replaced the pictures on the phone as instructed in a different thread, but after the next time it syncs, they are back to being small. Also all the custom ringtones get reset to default after it syncs. I don't want to sync my contacts with Gmail. So I have been trying to find a way to sync them to something else, then unsync from Google and resync with that something else. When I try to do it with iTunes and the Windows Address Book, it says it's syncing, but when I go into the Windows address book, it's empty. Any help on syncing to Windows or any other option would be appreciated.
    02-10-2011 09:08 AM
    You can export the Gmail contacts as a CSV and import them to the Windows address book from there. Then you can change them around as you see fit then sync them to your phone.
    fmflex likes this.
    02-10-2011 09:26 AM
    Thanks. Ok so it finally worked. I exported the contacts in Vcard Format (used an app called Air Contacts, but it can be done from Gmail as liquidzoo said). I then imported them into Windows address book. Unsynced from Gmail (contacts only). Then using iTunes, I synced the iPhone with Windows Address book. This moved all the contacts over and now since it won't be syncing with Gmail, it won't reset the pictures or ringtones. YEAH!!!!
    02-10-2011 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD