Has anybody been successful in setting up an alias 'sent from' address on your phone from a gmail account?

I have an address (name.workurl@gmail.com) and I have it set up to use my SMTP server to send mail as (name@workurl.com).

I cannot seem to find how I can use that functionality on the iPhone as it always send from name.workurl@gmail.com

As always, thanks in advance.
    02-09-2011 11:56 PM
    It's not properly supported. If you sync your mail settings over via iTunes and you have a Gmail account setup with a comma delimited alias (bob@gmail.com,bob.other@gmail.com) that will be passed along to iPhone and *usually* presented as an option in the From: selector.

I haven't always gotten it to work and, frankly, have given up trying.

Hopefully Apple improves this in iOS 5...
    02-10-2011 12:47 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I have this particular account set up via active sync, and nothing I have tried up to this point has worked thus far.

I've had the phone for one full day coming over as a long-time BB user, and this along with notifications has been the biggest adjustment.
    02-10-2011 01:08 AM
    Hey Canoli (I've never called anyone that before...),

Don't you feel kinda special having your question personally answered by Rene??

Let me see if he's paying attention . . . Hey Rene, what's the fastest land animal??

I love this forum!
    02-10-2011 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD