Email "Sent From" name

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody been successful in setting up an alias 'sent from' address on your phone from a gmail account?

I have an address (name.workurl@gmail.com) and I have it set up to use my SMTP server to send mail as (name@workurl.com).

I cannot seem to find how I can use that functionality on the iPhone as it always send from name.workurl@gmail.com

As always, thanks in advance.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's not properly supported. If you sync your mail settings over via iTunes and you have a Gmail account setup with a comma delimited alias (bob@gmail.com,bob.other@gmail.com) that will be passed along to iPhone and *usually* presented as an option in the From: selector.

I haven't always gotten it to work and, frankly, have given up trying.

Hopefully Apple improves this in iOS 5...

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I have this particular account set up via active sync, and nothing I have tried up to this point has worked thus far.

I've had the phone for one full day coming over as a long-time BB user, and this along with notifications has been the biggest adjustment.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Canoli (I've never called anyone that before...),

Don't you feel kinda special having your question personally answered by Rene?? :D

Let me see if he's paying attention . . . Hey Rene, what's the fastest land animal??

I love this forum!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner