Hello guys,
    I am having problem with Push email on my new vzw iphone. I have setup a google app account and a mobileme account - both of them dont check emails I have to manually check them!

Any suggestions?
    02-09-2011 10:40 PM
    02-09-2011 10:45 PM
    Shouldnt it be working automatically?
    02-09-2011 10:46 PM
    You may have done this already , but ...

Setting -> Mail, Contact... -> Fetch New Data -> make sure push is turned on.
    Hotmail can also be set up as Push.

Any email account that uses an Exchange server can be set up as Push. All others will have to be "Pull" only.

Edit:
    Shouldn't it be working automatically?
    Only if you set it up as Exchange. Not if you just set them up as regular email accounts.
    Hotmail can also be set up as Push.

Any email account that uses an Exchange server can be set up as Push. All others will have to be "Pull" only.
    That would be "fetch", not pull.
    02-09-2011 10:48 PM
    That would be "fetch", not pull.
    Semantics
    02-09-2011 10:48 PM
    Just an FYI..."push" email does drain your battery. I turned mine off and set it to "fetch" manually. I noticed my battery would die quicker with it set to "push"
    02-10-2011 03:06 AM
    Hello guys,
    I am having problem with Push email on my new vzw iphone. I have setup a google app account and a mobileme account - both of them dont check emails I have to manually check them!

Any suggestions?
    If setup gmail by typing your username/password into the gmail field in the mail client you won't get push, you get IMAP. For push gmail you need to set it up as an exchange account. Google, Google Sync for instructions on setting it up.
    02-10-2011 09:04 AM
    If setup gmail by typing your username/password into the gmail field in the mail client you won't get push, you get IMAP. For push gmail you need to set it up as an exchange account. Google, Google Sync for instructions on setting it up.
    In what way? That is the way I did it and it lags my pc buy a minute or two max.
    02-10-2011 01:31 PM
    In what way? That is the way I did it and it lags my pc buy a minute or two max.
    I don't understand your question.

Lock your iPhone and send an email to your gmail account. How long does it take for your iPhone to beep without you touching it?
    02-10-2011 01:40 PM
    Just did it, and it takes......

Waiting.....

I am seeing your point....

So, what do I do to get it to push quicker? All I do is use G-Mail for mail, that's all.

Four minutes and still nothing...
    02-10-2011 01:47 PM
    Okay, I set it up as an exchange account. Now e-mail is practically instant. New issue, when I delete from the phone it does not end up in the trash on my pc, it is gone completely. That is a problem.

Now what?
    02-10-2011 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD