I was wondering if anybody had any pictures of lines all ready or preparation of people getting to Verizon and Apple stores. I was wanting to see this even though I received my IPhone on the 3rd and have been enjoying in every since. To all those getting up early or who are all ready there good luck.
    02-09-2011 10:35 PM
    When I stopped by the local Verizon store today at lunch, they were putting up the tent and ropes for the line.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-09-2011 10:39 PM

(This was for the AT&T one)
    02-09-2011 10:46 PM
    would be nice to see. I listened to you guys and preordered last week and got it on Monday. share pics
    02-09-2011 11:09 PM
    This will be nice to see how long some of the lines are around the U.S
    02-09-2011 11:14 PM
    In what the Gods must be rolling around in the stars laughing over, I'll be waiting in line for an iPhone tomorrow morning starting around 4:00 I'm sure. Again. And it's not even going to be MY phone!!!!! Got an iPhone 3G back in 2008 then switched back to VZW to get on family plan in 2009 (free) so I'm waiting in line to buy my wife an iPhone for Valentines (yeah, I know - I'm friggin' wonderful) and then I have to wait 6 months to be upgrade eligible. Tried to do it online 2/3 but due to family plan BS online, couldn't make it happen. Grrrrrrr!
    02-09-2011 11:51 PM
    I work for a non-financial business, but our offices happen to be on Wall Street in NYC, with a Verizon store in our building. When I left tonight at 7:30 p.m, the store was closed, with staff inside, and metal barricades and ropes set up outside. No one in line yet....probably too cold. If there is some good activity tomorrow, I will try to post pics, from my received-on-Monday-from-pre-order iphone.
    02-09-2011 11:54 PM
    hey guys...got my phone on monday so went by the Verizon here in Burbank CA and this is the line they have prepared for the launch. I was getting a case and talked to the verizon worker there. He is getting there at 4:30am and working 12 hours. They are requiring workers to be there for a mass demand he said.

Check out the video of the line. Sorry for the bumpiness...getting used to taking vids on my iPhone 4.

02-10-2011 12:13 AM
    For some reason I don't feel it's going to be as big as the AT&T launch. Smooth pre-orders, early delivery, smooth activations.....
    02-10-2011 12:25 AM
    the verizon store in chico hired my buddy to dj in front of the store at 7.
    02-10-2011 12:37 AM
    For some reason I don't feel it's going to be as big as the AT&T launch. Smooth pre-orders, early delivery, smooth activations.....
    I agree, I just dont think it's going to be pandemonium and the weather is def a factor, but I could be wrong like I have been for most of my life
    02-10-2011 01:50 AM
    Hey all. I am currently at verizon in my car cold. No one is here. No line. One car with someone in it and another empty car.... Can't believe I did this. But I couldn't sleep so it's not like I'm really going crazy. I can't die from sitting in car for next 4 hours right? I'm bundled up and am going to turn on heat every little bit....updates soon. Respond and keep me busy. Heat just went on..
    Deenybird likes this.
    02-10-2011 03:10 AM
    Hey all. I am currently at verizon in my car cold. No one is here. No line. One car with someone in it and another empty car.... Can't believe I did this. But I couldn't sleep so it's not like I'm really going crazy. I can't die from sitting in car for next 4 hours right? I'm bundled up and am going to turn on heat every little bit....updates soon. Respond and keep me busy. Heat just went on..
    What city are you in...Wow I thought I was crazy.....This is Black iP4 Thursday...lol Stay safe
    02-10-2011 03:27 AM
    What city are you in...Wow I thought I was crazy.....This is Black iP4 Thursday...lol Stay safe
    I'm upstate ny. Idk what to do. It's old in car. Have blanket but don't want to get sick. Thinking of going to dunkin. I think they are open. Or even walmart just o kill time. I doubt line wil build up. No one is here besides one other car
    02-10-2011 03:35 AM
    I'm at the Tysons Corner Mall store in VA. Won't let anyone in till 5am. It's cold. I'm the first one here.
    tourstagefan likes this.
    02-10-2011 04:50 AM
    Staff just got in. More cars arrived no one waiting outside store. A customer got out of his car to gve staff donuts he got them. That was nice. Looks like full staff. Drove around and ot food. Killed a solid hour. Once a line starts I'm getting online. Hopefully they won't give me any problems getting the two phones since I'm account manager. When I called verizonall of them said it won't be.
    02-10-2011 05:00 AM
    Staff meeting in place. They are being spoken too. I see a box. More cars arriving slowly. No lines out side yet. I wonder what they are talking about. Maybe how lines will work. No idea.
    Last edited by Blackberry2iphone; 02-10-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    02-10-2011 05:03 AM
    Box near door. Think its bag. They are putting a thing to start line and where you can't pass. No one outside yet. Lot of time left. Maybe they will start early or let us in to get orders ready. Doubt it.
    tourstagefan likes this.
    02-10-2011 05:12 AM
    Wow. I would have waiting to make sure all the kinks are out the first batch. I just recently got my iPhone 4 through AT&T because I wanted to be sure.
    02-10-2011 05:40 AM
    Wow. I would have waiting to make sure all the kinks are out the first batch. I just recently got my iPhone 4 through AT&T because I wanted to be sure.
    Thats what my dad wanted to do. Little he knows that I'm getting it or us anyway. He wanted to wait two weeks. That's nothing. If there is a glitch they will fix it. I disagree with his two weeks and am surprising him by going home or the weekend.
    02-10-2011 05:44 AM
    Brookfield, WI. -11 degrees outside. No line, three employees, one security guard and one customer in side store at 4:45am.
    02-10-2011 05:51 AM
    Here are some of my updates from twitter (@daveizzle):

5:08am: Inside the mall! 2 lines: 1 for the Verizon Store & 1 for the Apple Store. I am literally 1st in the Apple Store line!!

5:19am: Talking to the cops here and they said they were told to expect about a thousand people here today!

5:27am: So far it's still just me in the Apple Store line. 4 people are over in the line for the Verizon Wireless store.

5:31am: At the AT&T launch last June of the iPhone 4 when I was here at 5am, there were at least 200 people - at 5am. I ended up waiting 8 hours.

5:35am: I know this ain't no iPhone 5 but I expected more than 5 people here 1.5 hours prior to opening given the "record breaking VZW preorders"

5:39am: We'll see what this looks like at 7am but I'm thinking there may not be such a rush of people switching to VZW from AT&T as was hyped.

5:40am: Update: I have company at last here in Apple's line - 1 dude who came prepared with a chair & stuff. Lol

5:41am: The cops keep joking with each other about the lack of people here - there are literally more cops here than buyers!
    02-10-2011 05:51 AM
    02-10-2011 05:54 AM
    I'm parked ight in front. As soon as one person ones up I am too. Want to get it quick and start the drive home. Not complaining there is no line but am little surprised. But my college is not in biggest town
    02-10-2011 05:54 AM
    You're an awesome son!
    02-10-2011 05:55 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD