There are times when I need to transfer files from my computer (macbook) to my phone to be emailed- reason being, there is no internet connection for computer but there is service for my phone. (for example in December I stayed at a cabin in Tahoe for 1 week... there was no internet there and I needed to get some word docs from my computer to my work). In the past, I have bluetoothed the file from my macbook to my tour and from my tour, emailed them wherever they needed to go...

Is there anything like this for the iphone. I do not need to be able to edit or create the documents, just get them to the phone to be emailed.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-dot
    02-09-2011 08:51 PM
    There's an app for that.

Documents to go, probably others.
    02-09-2011 08:56 PM
    This doesnt directly answer your question, but if this happens semi-regularly, you may want to consider paying (or jailbreaking) for Personal Hotspot. Then you can use your iPhone data to get your laptop online and send your files direct from your computer.
    02-09-2011 09:08 PM
    I have an app called USB Drive. When your iPhone is connected to iTunes you can drag files to the app.

http://imesart.com/ip/recommendurl.p...3b9ec0f6d55071
    Make sure you open this link on your iPhone (it won't work on a computer).
    dot#IM likes this.
    02-09-2011 09:57 PM
    Dropbox. It works great.
    02-09-2011 10:05 PM
    I have an app called USB Drive. When your iPhone is connected to iTunes you can drag files to the app.

http://imesart.com/ip/recommendurl.p...3b9ec0f6d55071
    Make sure you open this link on your iPhone (it won't work on a computer).
    Its called USB DISK, thanks for the info, this seems like an app that will get alot of use
    02-09-2011 10:11 PM
    Its called USB DISK, thanks for the info, this seems like an app that will get alot of use
    I meant to go back and change it. Too quick with the send! Thanks, though. Yes, it is USB DISK. I just paid the 99 to get the pro version with all the upgrades.
    02-09-2011 10:14 PM
    USB Disk sounds just like what I'm looking for! Thank you!

If there are other apps anyone else suggests, I'd love to hear about them!
    02-09-2011 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD