Verizon iphone 4 upgrade to iphone 5??

Status
Not open for further replies.

krod31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i am on sprint, and thinking about jumping to verizon for the iphone 4, was thinking bout waiting for the iphone 5, but by the time this happens im pretty sure verizon will not have unlimited data available..

I wonder if i get the iphone 4 now, will be able ot upgrade to the iphone 5 when it comes out in june? Or at least next year.. Or will i be stuck with the iphone 4 for 24months!! Who has some answers for me????

Doesnt att users get to upgrade every time a new iphone comes out even tho they are under contract?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i am on sprint, and thinking about jumping to verizon for the iphone 4, was thinking bout waiting for the iphone 5, but by the time this happens im pretty sure verizon will not have unlimited data available..

I wonder if i get the iphone 4 now, will be able ot upgrade to the iphone 5 when it comes out in june? Or at least next year.. Or will i be stuck with the iphone 4 for 24months!! Who has some answers for me????

Doesnt att users get to upgrade every time a new iphone comes out even tho they are under contract?

If you pay full retail you can upgrade anytime. As for a discount, probably not.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you will be stuck with the contract you sign. verizon isnt going to let everyone upgrade if they have the iphone 5 in the summer which right now is all speculation. I personally think they will wait to release their next iphone as an LTE phone which most likely wont be until a year or so.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
@ship wrestler
you think verizo wont get iphone 5 until nedxt year?
Only att to get it in summer?

I think if one company gets it, they both will. AT&T has no more exclusivity deal with Apple. I just don't think we will see a new iPhone that soon.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think if one company gets it, they both will. AT&T has no more exclusivity deal with Apple. I just don't think we will see a new iPhone that soon.

It has nothing to do with exclusivity its the fact that the iphone just came out in february why release another 6 months later? thats not how apple is

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Here is something I keep finding odd though.... Every time Verizon or Apple has been asked this question, all they will say is that they won't let their loyal customers be unhappy. Now what does that mean?

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
...the iPhone 4 came out in June of 2010. It got a new carrier in 2011, but it will be 1 year old this June.

Yes for at&t. Apple had to change alot from the antenna to the chip for the iphone 4. I could see for now at&t getting the iphone 5 this summer and verizon getting the iphone 6 which will probably be an LTE iphone next february.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes for at&t. Apple had to change alot from the antenna to the chip for the iphone 4. I could see for now at&t getting the iphone 5 this summer and verizon getting the iphone 6 which will probably be an LTE iphone next february.

They changed next to nothing for the ViP4. An antenna redisign is nothing and the only "chip changes" that happened was removing the SIM card slots and adding a CDMA chip. It is still 100% an iPhone 4.

varucell

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They changed next to nothing for the ViP4. An antenna redisign is nothing and the only "chip changes" that happened was removing the SIM card slots and adding a CDMA chip. It is still 100% an iPhone 4.

Differenet chipset for the radios capable of dual cdma/gsm. GSM in it is just crippled. Then I also saw something about it have a dedicated gps chip as well or something like that

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Differenet chipset for the radios capable of dual cdma/gsm. GSM in it is just crippled. Then I also saw something about it have a dedicated gps chip as well or something like that

The phones are not CDMA and GSM enabled. They are one or the other. Either way, if I went out and bought a BMW '10 model from my local dealer and next year another dealer released the same '10 model but switched the blue and white colors on the hood ornament, THEY ARE STILL THE SAME.

Reactions: southunder

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The phones are not CDMA and GSM enabled. They are one or the other. Either way, if I went out and bought a BMW '10 model from my local dealer and next year another dealer released the same '10 model but switched the blue and white colors on the hood ornament, THEY ARE STILL THE SAME.

Maybe you should do some research then. They can have both gsm and cdma chips just like verizons world phones. Go check that out and then say they are still the same. smh

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Here are my thoughts.

*Verizon got the iPhone in February of 2011.
*White iPhone rumored to be "spring" 2011

IF the iPhone 5 comes out this summer, I think it may be AT&T only, followed by Verizon in Jan/Feb.

While we won't know for sure until it happens, we have heard NOTHING on the next iPhone as far as leaks. We knew EVERYTHING about the iPhone 4 by this time last year. This leads me to believe the next iPhone will be released on both carriers at the same time, either layer this year (pre Christmas) or just after the first of the year. I don't even think if it does come out next January it will be LTE. I don't think the networks will be ready yet and the advancements in the chips to avoid "compromises" Apple doesn't want to to make.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the at&t version doesnt have the dual chip that allows for cdma and gsm so that alone is a big change maybe not to you since they are the same exact phone as you said.

You understand that switching to that new antenna chip is a tiny change right? That's like having a $2000 gaming pc, switching out the Ethernet card and saying "Complete Overhaul!"

Also, did I ever say it was the exact same phone, or did I say:

me said:
Today 08:36 PM

The point still being that the iPhone wan NOT just released in Feb.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You understand that switching to that new antenna chip is a tiny change right? That's like having a $2000 gaming pc, switching out the Ethernet card and saying "Complete Overhaul!"

Also, did I ever say it was the exact same phone, or did I say:

The point still being that the iPhone wan NOT just released in Feb.

Ok well then you can get your hopes up for an iphone 5 coming to verizon this summer to me I just dont think it will happen but it could just doesnt seem likely.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok well then you can get your hopes up for an iphone 5 coming to verizon this summer to me I just dont think it will happen but it could just doesnt seem likely.

What!? I don't even think that an iPhone 5 will be out this summer. My whole point was that you said the iPhone 4 came out in Feb. It did not. Either way, I don't think we will see an iPhone 5 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices