Returned Defective Verizon IPhone today

JoeSixPack

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Bought two new iPhones, recd. Monday timely via fed-ex, one activated in around 60 seconds and has been all good. The other did not want to activate and took 5 or 6 times to get it to do so. Subsequently, when ever you go to synch it up, ITunes, it said there is unreadable content and to perform a restore. That was done several times with no help. Was on the tech line with Verizon numerous times, they really were very nice, spent hours and hours, doing everything they said with it, but could not fix the problem. They referred me to Apple and that was when it went south. They were fairly cold and seemed to have way more pride then I have ever experienced with them. This is not user error here, I never made call, took a picture, surfed the web, or even connected wi-fi. This was a defective unit out of the gate. Anyway, after a lot of time, they ultimately offered to replace for $29 and change and acted like they were really doing me a favor. That was the final deal breaker if anyone as an end user has one single ounce of dignity. I would not do it, and I have many other Apple products from many computers to numeruos iPods and pads. In the end, the Verizon store was able to help, but ultimately the phone only got as far to provide error msgs with a file not found, and then another that said duplicate file found, and had to deal with Apple. I hope no one ever has the experience I had, even as an early adopter of this phone. VZ was excellent, but the story ends there. I told VZ to re-activate the old phone, they did. The new one has already gone back to VZ. They even offered to exchange with another, also waived the return fee. VZ is good. :eek:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Never heard of Apple charging to replace a phone. Never. Do you have a Apple store near? Apple stores Genius Bars has 5 star service.

JoeSixPack

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Have one, its thirty miles away, but like 1.5 hrs plus in NJ traffic. I couldnt see myself waiting in line at the store with people who are already camping out to buy one, at the end of the line to return this phone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Have one, its thirty miles away, but like 1.5 hrs plus in NJ traffic. I couldnt see myself waiting in line at the store with people who are already camping out to buy one, at the end of the line to return this phone.

Genius bar is by Appt. No waiting in lines ;)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You wouldn't have had to wait today for a genius bar appointment. Do you think that no one is allow in the store today and that the only people there are camping out? If they are camping out for tomorrow launch it doesn't affect you getting in the store even if you were going just to pick up accessories.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Me personally I would drive 2 hours to a Apple genius bar to get a working phone. But thats me. If you decide to drive, call first and make sure they have replacements in. I heard stores do have them in now for replacements. Its super easy to make a appt on you "Apple Store" app or Apple.com, or even by calling the store

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
They are both good, mind you IMHO Apple has the edge as more of their reps have more of a clue.....too much miscommunication with Verizon Reps, and not a lot of knowledge, but they are for the most part, almost ALWAYS willing to make you happy. But I have to say, speaking for myself, overall I have had great experience on both ends.

The only thing I could think is you got a REALLY bad rep, and that really bad rep still thought there were restocking fees :confused:

JoeSixPack

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
They could not tell me if I was allowed to walk out with one at the store before the store launch. So, it was not worth the risk. I am done done with that particular phone. Even as a big Apple fan, I will need some time before I go back into the store again. All in all, Apple HQ should be happy, as they did not have to acknowledge anything was wrong.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
They could not tell me if I was allowed to walk out with one at the store before the store launch. So, it was not worth the risk. I am done done with that particular phone. Even as a big Apple fan, I will need some time before I go back into the store again. All in all, Apple HQ should be happy, as they did not have to acknowledge anything was wrong.

Its your choice. Must not want to keep it bad enough or who ever will use it.

eatrocks

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
sorry to hear that, i got mine monday too no prob, only thing i notice is a slight buzz sound if i tap on the back camera lens but from what ive heard that is the auto-focus making that noise and normal that it does that. i've had verizon for 5 or 6 years and they have always been good to me, in fact, i called VZ on 1/31 to see if they would let me upgrade to the iphone 2 months early and they did no prob, they also gave me the 30 upgrade disc...........now, i did go to an at&t store interested in getting a phone years ago, i go in and the store is empty, just 2 employees, i walk around for 5 minutes and not one of them even makes eye contact with me....so i walked out and went to the VZ store by my house.....

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of Apple charging to replace a phone. Never. Do you have a Apple store near? Apple stores Genius Bars has 5 star service.

I agree with this. I would take it to an Apple Store if one is near you. I take mine in with issues and walk out satisfied.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro