Just got to thinking about how if you add a new line to your account, buy the iPhone for the promotional price and sell it on eBay or CG or whatever. The average price is 1000 on eBay, even after you cancel that line minus 350 ETF, you'd be putting money in your pocket. Just a thought.
    02-09-2011 03:35 PM
    Keep in mind that if you cancel too soon after adding the line you will be charged full retail for the phone in addition to the ETF.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-09-2011 03:38 PM
    Yes looked it up, after the 14 day no worry guarantee. I could deal with a prorated line charge. I'm not doing this but it could easily be done.
    02-09-2011 03:41 PM
    If that's the case, what would stop someone else from doing the same thing? Not who would want a VZW locked iPhone right now without knowing if it could ever be flashed to run on another CDMA.

Anyhow, I wouldn't even pay the ETF fee. Just keep the extra line for 9.99 which is only 240 over the 2 years than 350 ETF. Obviously it's much more beneficial if you already have a family plan. If individual then you need to switch to a family plan which is more expensive. But still I wouldn't pay the ETF.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    02-09-2011 03:44 PM
    Just got to thinking about how if you add a new line to your account, buy the iPhone for the promotional price and sell it on eBay or CG or whatever. The average price is 1000 on eBay, even after you cancel that line minus 350 ETF, you'd be putting money in your pocket. Just a thought.
    Who on gods green earth would buy an iPhone on ebay for $1000, when you can get one for Full Retail Price for hundreds less?
    02-09-2011 04:04 PM
    Who on gods green earth would buy an iPhone on ebay for $1000, when you can get one for Full Retail Price for hundreds less?
    Exactly. It was different with the AT&T one because there was certainty that it could be unlocked and people on TMO or on carriers in other countries would happily spend that money. But for a VZW locked one? Ummmm I don't know about that. Maybe it can be flashed. But we won't know anytime soon. And even when CDMA phones are flashed they usually lose data capability on the new carrier. Odds are even the everyday user won't be able to do it either.
    02-09-2011 04:22 PM
    They were selling for so much BEFORE preorders now that they are released it will be alot less selling price. Not to mention if you cancel before the 2 years read the apple agreement you can be charged the full price of the phone.
    02-09-2011 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD