I know it's basically a personal opinion thing, but are there any real negatives/downsides to jailbreaking the phone? I've heard rumors that the AppStore doesn't always work after jailbreaking, not being able to reset to factory in case of a warranty issue, etc. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    02-09-2011 01:56 PM
    I've yet to have an issue
    02-09-2011 02:02 PM
    Not a problem here either. Everything works perfectly.
    02-09-2011 02:13 PM
    Everybodies experiences may be different. Problems I had in the past was battery life was not as good and device tend to run hot at times
    02-09-2011 02:45 PM
    There's a jailbreaking section on the site where you may get better information. Just an FYI.
    02-09-2011 02:51 PM
    There's a jailbreaking section on the site where you may get better information. Just an FYI.
    Did not realize that. Thanks!
    02-09-2011 03:17 PM
    I had battery life issues (4.0 or 4.0.1) and it tended to run a little warm, but nothing over the top.

The biggest thing is: If they catch you, your warranty is null and void. It's pretty easy to prevent anyone finding out, though (Don't go to the Apple Store until you restore via iTunes, seriously, they plug the phone in to a test device that reads absolutely everything installed on your phone when you bring it in for a repair issue)
    02-09-2011 03:32 PM
    The reason for the batt drain could be that you are able to have the phone do more more often then stock. You just have to balance it out. You can always restore to stock if it has to be sent in. No issues with anything here.

Read all info before doing it and save backups and blobs before doing it. Do your reading first and it will make sense.
    02-09-2011 03:40 PM
    The reason for the batt drain could be that you are able to have the phone do more more often then stock.
    For me, anyway, part of it was that there were issues with battery drain anyway in 4.0.1.
    02-09-2011 03:43 PM
    Probably the biggest risk is that you will void the warranty. Only a real problem if you brick your phone and have to take it to Apple and they find that it was jailbroken, There have been reports that if this does happen and you and you tell Apple the truth, they still may cover it as a warranty repair. No guarantees, but that's the chance you take
    02-09-2011 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD