So I followed the steps to set up my gmail as an Exchange account, but I am getting no notifications for e-mails and when I click on my inbox, it just says "connecting" constantly, and doesn't really update.

When I set up through Google Mail at first, the notifications were lacking, but at least when I clicked on the mail icon, my inbox would refresh.

Any solutions to help me get notifications on my home screen??
    02-09-2011 12:49 PM
    Try just turning off your phone then turning it back on, I had the same problem earlier and that seemed to help
    02-09-2011 12:51 PM
    I'm having that trouble today too. I had previously had my gmail synced w/ an ipod touch with no problems, but that was over wifi. Supposedly there's a setting for allowing mobile sync on the gmail desktop site, which wouldn't come into play via wifi but would over 3G... I have to wait to check that out when I get home.

It's also possible that Gmail Exchange servers are a little wacked out today...
    02-09-2011 12:59 PM
    Im having very slow push times for gmail on exchange also today. Worked fine yesterday. If I manually check itll pull down mail, but notifications are taking 5-10 minutes. Im thinking that googles servers are having issues, possibly with all the new iPhones setting up exchange mail.
    02-09-2011 01:23 PM
    That's kind of what I'm thinking. If I check GMail through the safari browser, I can see a new message... it just doesn't get relayed to the Exchange server - or it's taking a crazy long time for that to happen.
    02-09-2011 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD