i recieved my phone on monday but did not notice till today that my home button is a little loose and seems to be deeper on the left side of it where i can feel the edge of the screen if you know what i mean and the right side is fine. so i kept playing around with it and now it seems to make a sound. i called Verizon tech support and explained the whole problem, they said that they can replace the phone but would have to wait till thursday to get one shipped out, so i was just wondering if anyone else has this sort of issue or this is a common thing with these phones. this is my first iphone. now i also compared it to my GF's phone which she recieved today and her's seem to be flush with the screen, what would you guys do?
    Last edited by rottweiler999; 02-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    02-08-2011 11:05 PM
    does this mean they are shipping all new orders thursday? hmmm

Sorry, dont have the phone yet so not sure. if it bothers you then maybe have them send you a new one. or wait till next week so you can cal them monday and get it by wednesday.
    Last edited by Blackberry2iphone; 02-08-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    02-08-2011 11:06 PM
    i recieved my phone on monday but did not notice till today that my home button is a little loose and seems to be deeper on the left side of it where i can feel the edge of the screen if you know what i mean and the right side is fine. so i kept playing around with it and now it seems to make a sound. i called Verizon tech support and explained the whole problem, they said that they can replace the phone but would have to wait till thursday to get one shipped out, so i was just wondering if anyone else has this sort of issue or this is a common thing with these phones. this is my first iphone. now i also compared it to my GF's phone which she recieved today and her's seem to be flush with the screen, what would you guys do?
    Take it to Apple on the 10th but probably the 11th, they will give you a new one.
    02-08-2011 11:31 PM
    i went to the apple store today and the guy was going to replace, so he comes out with a black plastic box and took phone out. i said this is a brand new phone and i had it for just about a day, he said that the replacments come in these black boxes. he said it could not be refurbished because its too new. we looked at the phone and it had glue buy the top of the phone and glass, i said no way, so i left the store and called verizon,. they said i can get a replacment but would have to charge my credit card full retail then once they get back my old phone they would credit me back, what should i do? i did call another apple store and the manager over there said the ones in the black box's for the verizon iphones are def new because the phone is not really out yet. should i get replaced through apple store or verizon for a brand new in box? please help me out guys
    02-09-2011 12:01 PM
    Go to the Apple Store. They'll replace it right away. If the replacement has a defect, they'll look through until they find one that's good. You're covered under Apple warranty, go through them for the replacement.
    02-09-2011 12:06 PM
    but the replacment one they bring out comes in a black plastic box, not the white retail box that new ones come in. wouldnt that be a refurbished phone, even though it just came out?
    02-09-2011 12:08 PM
    i just want a new replacment and verizon is giving me a hard time, they said i can return it, wait a week for it to be processed then another couple weeks for the money to go back to my credit card.
    02-09-2011 12:10 PM
    even if the phone is refurbished, your fine. i know how it sounds, you just got the phone brand new, refurbished is used. but often refurbished is better than used since their hand tested to make sure they work. my att iphone is a refurb because i had to swap phones. no problems except the home button lol which i think is in most iphones. my home button as well feels pressed in, but that will come with use. what matters is that it still works. lol
    02-09-2011 12:14 PM
    Since there has never been a CDMA iPhone before now, I guarantee those "black box" iPhones are brand new. They are packaged like that for the stores as replacements, not as phones for them to sell.
    02-09-2011 12:34 PM
    All device exchanges usually go through Apple. I would of asked to see a second one. or just go back in a couple of days when they have more replacements
    02-09-2011 12:37 PM
    iphone replacements from the apple store are nothing like the verizon typical 'like new' replacement phones. i know when i had my first iphone and the 3g i had replacements for various reasons and they truly "like new devices"

with that being said...i agree the CDMA version is too new to have refurbished phones.
    02-09-2011 01:46 PM
    Please keep in mind, refurbished means the phone was returned for either dissatisfaction or defect. So they take that phone, inspect it, replace parts that need to be replaced, repackage, and there you go. some believe refurbished is better than new because it has gone through a more rigorous inspection and quality control process than when it comes off the line, I tend to disagree with that, but thats neither here nor there.....

The phones just arrived to consumers hands 2 days ago. There is no way they could had gone through that refurb process that quickly. They take a percentage of new ones from the line, and package them in those black boxes for replacements. You do not have to worry about receiving a refurbished phone at this point. If you are not satisfied with a new one that they hand you, ask them for another one until you ARE satisfied.
    02-09-2011 03:20 PM
    I'd go to Apple
    02-09-2011 04:16 PM
    I'm guessing the repacement ones right now were ones that didn't initially pass inspection off the line.
    02-09-2011 04:27 PM
    I'm guessing the repacement ones right now were ones that didn't initially pass inspection off the line.
    absolutely incorrect. Apple doesnt do business that way
    02-09-2011 04:29 PM
    even if the phone is refurbished, your fine. i know how it sounds, you just got the phone brand new, refurbished is used. but often refurbished is better than used since their hand tested to make sure they work.
    I agree. Apple's idea of a 'refurb' is everybody else's idea of 'new'. Heh.
    02-09-2011 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD