Battery Life

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Just went through my first full day with the iPhone. I thought it would be a good idea to share and compare our battery results.

So far, my iPhone 4 seems like its pretty much on par with my Blackberry Bold. I expect the battery life to get a bit better as the week goes on and after a couple of complete discharges.

What are your results?

5o8kyx.png

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Using it from 100% all day substitute teaching I browsed these forums a good bit and looked up a few things on Google as well as checked e-mail and text and make a number of phone calls and when I charged it after the day around 5ish it was at 53%. Can't complain.

My worry is battery longevity. If we are always charging these things, how long will that capacity last? A few months? A year? Would that be worth getting AppleCare for?

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If we are always charging these things, how long will that capacity last? A few months? A year? Would that be worth getting AppleCare for?

Thats one of the reasons why I took the full replacement insurance with VZW. It also extended my warranty out another year to 2 years rather than 1 year. :D

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone battery gets better with time; a good practice at the beginning is to let it drain pretty much all the way to then fully charge it.

wboyle3

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So this is my third full cycle and I must say, it has already surpassed my old Droid. Hopefully Entertainment72 is right and it'll get even better with time!
h0yx5ssj

Sosai X

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My results on my first full day:

13% battery remaining.

Time since last full charge:
Usage - 5 hours, 30 minutes
Standby - 16 hours, 31 minutes

Call Time:
Current Period - 29 minutes
Lifetime - 29 minutes

Cellular network data:
Sent - 21.4MB
Received - 408MB

Maybe my expectations were too high, but so far I'm not entirely impressed. In fact, my Blackberry Storm 1 (shudder) had far better battery life.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You guys have to remember you have a very high resolution screen. Having that on alot causes drain as well as 3G. I only use 3G when needed and I also have the luxury of connecting to Wifi all the time at my office. I get over 8hrs usage on a full charge and my iPhone 4 is jailbroken. I have 3G on about 30% of the time. No point on me having it on when I don't need it.

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My results on my first full day:

13% battery remaining.

Time since last full charge:
Usage - 5 hours, 30 minutes
Standby - 16 hours, 31 minutes

Call Time:
Current Period - 29 minutes
Lifetime - 29 minutes

Cellular network data:
Sent - 21.4MB
Received - 408MB

Maybe my expectations were too high, but so far I'm not entirely impressed. In fact, my Blackberry Storm 1 (shudder) had far better battery life.

But did you enjoy using your blackberry Storm? Most people who get an iPhone for the first time don't realize that it is a small computer. It will get better with time, but you will use it more than your last phone.

Sosai X

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
But did you enjoy using your blackberry Storm?

For e-mail and text messaging, absolutely - it's superior to the iPhone in those areas.

Of course the iPhone is far more fluid, stable, and fun.

I'll certainly be keeping the iPhone if the battery life turns out to be better than I've experienced so far, but if not I may have to re-evaluate this purchase.

Wish me luck!

MacGuy76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just went through my first full day with the iPhone. I thought it would be a good idea to share and compare our battery results.

So far, my iPhone 4 seems like its pretty much on par with my Blackberry Bold. I expect the battery life to get a bit better as the week goes on and after a couple of complete discharges.

What are your results?

5o8kyx.png

I would agree! It should get better with more use.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
You guys are getting pretty standard results. In my experience, the Iphone has longer battery life than any Android device. The main reason is that the Iphone really does nothing in the background. Android phones are constantly updating widgets, facebook, twitter etc. The iphone will last forever in standbye mode. Great device. Enjoy.

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
4GB of data ? What do you do on your phone!? Lol

I don't think that's accurate because according to my account on Verizon I've used nowhere near that amount. It would be impossible for me to use that much data in a month, let alone a day based on how I use my phone. Was stumped by that for a while but there's really no way I used that and my usage on my Verizon Wireless account seems much more accurate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit