How do u make your own or how do you put your own ring tones on the vzw iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on the VZW Network.
    02-08-2011 08:55 PM
    pretty sure it should work the same on the verizon iphone.

in itunes, right click (control click if you have a mac), go to get info>options
    check start time and stop time and select a start and stop time. i make my ringtones 25-30 seconds.
    after you do that, hit ok. then go to the song you just edited, right click or control click, and select create AAC version. it will create another file, the length you have selected. click and drag the AAC version to your desktop. then delete the AAC version from itunes. go into the options on the desktop icon you just made, and change it from m4a to m4r. accept changes etc. then click and drag back into itunes. it will be under ringtones. then sync to your phone.

dont forget to go back and change the start time and stop time back to the normal positions when your done =)
    02-08-2011 09:01 PM
    I downloaded ringtone wizard pro...it works ok, the major plus is you can make the ringtone on your phone, but still need to load into itunes to complete.
    02-08-2011 09:37 PM
    02-08-2011 09:51 PM
    I currently have "Jump" by Van Halen (for you characters that don't know) as my ringtone.
    02-08-2011 09:54 PM
    Cool! I made one using JasonG's insrtuctions. One thing that's pretty lame - If you check "sync ringtones" it will remove all the music and movies from your iPhone. Why the heck can't you auto sync ringtones while manually syncing music and videos? pretty silly.
    02-08-2011 10:09 PM
    Mac users: get Ringer from the Mac App Store. $0.99

And #8? My ringtone is (and was on my pre) the Imperial March.
    02-08-2011 10:24 PM
    Cool! I made one using JasonG's insrtuctions. One thing that's pretty lame - If you check "sync ringtones" it will remove all the music and movies from your iPhone. Why the heck can't you auto sync ringtones while manually syncing music and videos? pretty silly.
    It will only do that if you've been syncing with another computer.
    02-09-2011 06:47 AM
    But why re-invent the wheel. You new VZW types must learn to use the search function:

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-ipad-wa...ringtones.html
    02-09-2011 06:48 AM
    Best way to accomplish this is:

Upload the sound file (ringtone) to you itunes library.
    Right click on it, select Create ACC file.
    Right click on the ACC file and select show in folder.
    Edit the tag from .m4a to .m4r.
    Accept the changes.
    Reload file into your iTunes library.
    It will automatically recognize it as a ringtone.
    Upload ringtone to your phone.

If its a song and you want to clip it, just right click on the song, go to info, select the start/stop time and follow the same steps but with the clipped version. Make sure that the file is NO LONGER than 30 seconds. Hope this helps.

Edit:
    To be clear, all this is done through iTunes.
    PSU and Frankie Figs like this.
    02-09-2011 08:55 AM
    On the main info screen for your iPhone (after it's plugged in, through iTunes), scroll down and check the box that says Manually manage Music and Videos (or something to that effect). It shouldn't delete your stuff if you sync a ringtone with another computer if you do that.

I always sync using the same machine, so I haven't run across this issue myself.
    02-09-2011 09:04 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, but the manually manage button is checked, and my iPhone has only been synced with this computer. I can just drag the ringtones on manually, it's not a big deal, I just think it's a silly flaw in iTunes that I can't think of one good reason for.

Grant
    02-09-2011 09:25 AM
    ^ Lcargile, thanks!
    02-09-2011 09:26 AM
    I just us Audiko quick and simple. Upload, cut, download, and then open in itunes. I use this since with ringtone apps you gotta connect to the computer anyway. And there is way more more music on my computer than my ViP.
    Last edited by jaycee2007; 02-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    02-09-2011 10:16 AM
    @PSU, no problem buddy! If anyone out there has a hard time changing the file extension in Windows, go to the setting for that folder and make sure the box is UNCHECKED for "hide file extensions for known file types." I had this problem and had to uncheck the box before the file extension would take.
    02-09-2011 12:18 PM
    NEED Assistance.... I downloaded a ringtone via new iPhone (NOT on COMPUTER)... It landed in my song list. How do I get it into Ringtone folder or for that matter how do I activate it???

I just opened and connected iphone with computer. Can not find Ringtone folder or option in iTunes... Should I create a folder ??
    Last edited by JSerr1; 02-09-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    02-09-2011 12:54 PM
    It should have created a folder for you in your library. If not, try going to file and transfer purchases. If this does work, let me know.
    03-09-2011 07:56 AM
    I use Ringtone Maker, it's just easier..
    Last edited by CalifJewls; 03-09-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    03-09-2011 10:23 AM
    With Iringer..
    03-09-2011 02:08 PM
    Best way to accomplish this is:

Upload the sound file (ringtone) to you itunes library.
    Right click on it, select Create ACC file.
    Right click on the ACC file and select show in folder.
    Edit the tag from .m4a to .m4r.
    Accept the changes.
    Reload file into your iTunes library.
    It will automatically recognize it as a ringtone.
    Upload ringtone to your phone.

If its a song and you want to clip it, just right click on the song, go to info, select the start/stop time and follow the same steps but with the clipped version. Make sure that the file is NO LONGER than 30 seconds. Hope this helps.

Edit:
    To be clear, all this is done through iTunes.
    I would just add to this Excellent description, that if you've previously set or changed your Import Settings to import songs as something other than ACC, like mp3 for example, then when you try to "right click" on a song in your iTunes library and select "Create acc version" this will NOT be there. Instead it will say "Creat XXX version" where the XXX is the file extension that's been selected via your Preferences under Import Options.

Just wanted to point this out, as it took me a few seconds to realize this, as i have my Import Settings set to .Mp3.
    03-12-2011 08:48 AM
    Also there is a complete section regarding ringtones, wallpapers, etc...with a lot more info & ideas... Click here..
    jas o likes this.
    03-12-2011 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD