What are you getting for download speeds?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm just curious what people are getting for download speeds on their Verizon iPhones? I live about 10 miles NE of Boston and average about 1.5 Mbps/down and 1 Mbps/up on my AT&T iPhone.

My wife is getting around 1 Mbps/down and 500 Kbps/up on her Verizon iPhone. See below at what we both got in the same location. The upper left corner shows which iPhone is which,

When listing try to include pics or at least which speed test app you used along with your general location. Also if someone you know has an AT&T iPhone what they get to. Should be interesting what people are seeing.

vz by jk7469

att by jk7469

**** PS, I'm really looking for VZW speeds but if you also have AT&T speed to compare to (as in running the same test on both phone at the same location), include them also.****

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Your asking for Att speeds but you posted this in Verizon forum. Oh well. these are my Att speeds in LV at my house

Speedtest.png

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was stopped in traffic in Houston and decided to see what the speed was when my traffic web site was slow to load up. .68 download and .54 upload. :rolleyes:

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So fellas...how do we take an awesome screenshot like that? Or it it just in that app?

Hold down the home button (one on front) and lock button (one on the top) at the same time. That take a picture of your screen and saves it as a photo in you photos which you can access by clicking on the icon on your home screen.

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious what people are getting for download speeds on their Verizon iPhones? I live about 10 miles NE of Boston and average about 1.5 Mbps/down and 1 Mbps/up on my AT&T iPhone.

My wife is getting around 1 Mbps/down and 200 Kbps/up on her Verizon iPhone.

When I get home I'll try to attach pics and edit the listing for more accurate data. When listing try to include pics or at least which speed test app you used along with your general location. Also if someone you know has an AT&T iPhone what they get to. Should be interesting what people are seeing.

**** PS, I'm really looking for VZW speeds but if you also have AT&T speed to compare to, include them also.****

I can't even get half those speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on the VZW Network.

joekawasaki

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get half those speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on the VZW Network.

buzzdar, are you on an old Alltel plan? I am and I can't get half those speeds either and I am trying to figure out if the Alltel thing has anything to do with it.

Anyone else with an Alltel plan seeing slow 3G speeds?

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Right now where I live, AT&T 3G is the equivalent to Sprint WiMax faux "4G"... so if I'm getting 5+Mbps down now I'd hate to see what AT&T LTE 4G is .. damn! 12-15Mbps real world?