iPhone backup assistant

Nate1334

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I know this might be a duplicate thread but the Verizon iPhone backup assistant app won't work. Have u guys had it to work? Please help me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to download an app (free) called "vz transfer". This app will bring your contacts you have backed up using "backup"

Just a bit confused and normally I am not...lol

Where do you get it from and what do you mean that it will bring your contacts back that you have backed up(to where) and using backup?

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just a bit confused and normally I am not...lol

Where do you get it from and what do you mean that it will bring your contacts back that you have backed up(to where) and using backup?

For Verizon customers (non iphone), there is an app called "backup assistant" which backs up the user's contact list on a "cloud server". If you used this service on a previous verizon phone (ie: a blackberry) to backup your contacts, you can go to the appstore (iPhone/iTunes) and download a free app called "vz transfer" to your iphone.

With "vz transfer" loaded on your iphone, you can "transfer" those contacts that were backed up from your previous phone to your iphone, using that app (vz transfer)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For Verizon customers (non iphone), there is an app called "backup assistant" which backs up the user's contact list on a "cloud server". If you used this service on a previous verizon phone (ie: a blackberry) to backup your contacts, you can go to the appstore (iPhone/iTunes) and download a free app called "vz transfer" to your iphone.

With "vz transfer" loaded on your iphone, you can "transfer" those contacts that were backed up from your previous phone to your iphone, using that app (vz transfer)

I found it on the app store thank you and just downloaded it. Already received the 8 digit code via text and activated it. I did have backup asst on my BB TOur so they were backed up on the server. Already got them on the iphone. Thank you.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I found it on the app store thank you and just downloaded it. Already received the 8 digit code via text and activated it. I did have backup asst on my BB TOur so they were backed up on the server. Already got them on the iphone. Thank you.

Glad it worked for ya. What I couldn't figure out is: Will "VZ Transfer" app also create a backup like "backup assistant" did (for future transfer to the iPhone5 :D)? It looked to me like "VZ Transfer" only restored the contacts . .

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
What phone are to switching to the iPhone from? If it's a smartphone then use/open a Gmail account, sync it with your contacts and then setup the same Gmail account on your new iPhone using exchange. This will sync all your contacts to your iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked for ya. What I couldn't figure out is: Will "VZ Transfer" app also create a backup like "backup assistant" did (for future transfer to the iPhone5 :D)? It looked to me like "VZ Transfer" only restored the contacts . .

I actually went to verizon.com where I typed in VZ tranfer and it took me to where you can get it by its real name:
VZ Contact Transfer app.
in the app store, then it told how to use it, You MUST do a manual backup every 30 days not to let 30 days pass or your contacts will be deleted from the server and your acct will be deleted. So yes it does back them up as well as what you backed up on itunes but like I said make sure you do a manual backup lessthan every 30 days to keep your acct open and contacts will stay on the server.

How to Transfer Contacts from Backup Assistant to iPhone? 4

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What phone are to switching to the iPhone from? If it's a smartphone then use/open a Gmail account, sync it with your contacts and then setup the same Gmail account on your new iPhone using exchange. This will sync all your contacts to your iPhone.

I agree . . . this is the best way and the way I did it for myself. But not everyone wants a Gmail account (my wife). She wanted to keep her AOL account so vz transfer was the easiest way to get all her contacts from her Blackberry to her iPhone

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree . . . this is the best way and the way I did it for myself. But not everyone wants a Gmail account (my wife). She wanted to keep her AOL account so vz transfer was the easiest way to get all her contacts from her Blackberry to her iPhone

Just remember what I wrote above... It does create a backup just like backup asst did and you have to do a manual sync every 30 days to keep your acct and contacts open and saved on the server.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just remember what I wrote above... It does create a backup just like backup asst did and you have to do a manual sync every 30 days to keep your acct and contacts open and saved on the server.

I'm guessing there's a "manual sync" option on the "vz transfer" app? I didn't see that option last night when using the app on wife's phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh