Does your iPhone rattle?

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that I seem to have some sort of rattle on my new VZW iPhone. When shaken side ways, I can hear faint rattling coming from the camera area. I dont hear anything if the phone is shook front to back(screen going back and forth) but when you shake it sideways. I can also hear when tapping on the camera slightly.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? People here My VZW iPhone Rattles - MacRumors Forums seem to think its the autofocus on the camera.

Lanulos

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's doesn't rattle. I would find that rather disturbing if it did. I think I would take to a Genius Bar and ask them what gives.

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not even going to try to shake it, it might rattle something loose. LOL!

I ran into people at the android forums who mentioned that a rattle could be from the accelerometer. No of them had a problem with their phone working properly, but it was annoying knowing there was a rattle with their phone.

A Genius might replace it for you and since you are within your 30-days of receiving the equipment, this is your best chance of getting it replaced. After 30 days, they may not be so likely to do it for you. Just my opinion...

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
After reading the thread on MacRumors, I've come to the conclusion that a large number of them are morons. Why would we say it doesn't rattle if it does? That's dumb. And someone even said "Do babies rattle? Maybe we should shake them too." Wow, since when do babies rattle? I don't think babies have any loose parts.

ajw2495

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
1. how does that video prove anything
2. it is the sleep wake button. turn your phone upside down and keep tapping it lightly and it makes the same noise...thats what it is

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Every iPhone has a slight rattle from the camera from tapping the phone. I havent seen one yet that doesnt. But it doesnt rattle when shaking. My wifes Att i4 had a rattle from inside the lock button while mine didnt. Apple Genius bar gave her a brand new one

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
When I say shake it side ways I mean this :

129526291362.jpg

Bring it near your ear.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member