Does your iPhone rattle?

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really going to worry about it, most electronics have some type of rattle if you shake them. My phone has a rattle(thanks for bringing it my attention though...) but after I held down my power button, it didn't. I'm going to chalk it up to my power button being pressed after so many times.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
When I say shake it side ways I mean this :

129526291362.jpg

Bring it near your ear.

Did that and I hear nothing.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have it too. Thanks for pointing it out. :D

Curious-those that rattle, did your iPhone ship with 4.2.5 and you had to update to 4.2.6, or did it ship with 4.2.6?

Mine came with 4.2.5

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
that would drive me nuts, I installed a apple bumper and the buttons rattled I installed small piece of duct tape to the inside of the bumper over the buttons, problem solved

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When I say shake it side ways I mean this :

129526291362.jpg

Bring it near your ear.

If it rattles from shaking it sideways, go to Apple and get a new one. As I said before, I did this the day my wifes came UPS. Apple had no problem giving us a new one.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The phone has moving parts in it. Vibrator, focus motor, accelerometer, etc. It'll be a while before they "shake out" the manufacturing process to minimize or eliminate any instance of audible rattling from those moving parts. It does make one wonder what else are they overlooking, but for what it's worth, the rattle doesn't mean the phone is necessarily a lemon. I have a rattle on my GSM iPhone 4 which was manufactured the 27th week of 2010, and the phone is flawless. The buttons are crisp, the screen is perfect, the speaker and mic work fine, and the reception is, despite all odds, outstanding.

So, be aware of the rattle but don't worry too much about it. If you don't tend to shake the phone violently while you use it, you probably won't notice it in regular use.

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the rattle as well. Will monitor and take the the Genius Bar if it begins to affect performance. Right now more concerned about watching battery management.

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I came back from the apple store in the mall. They promptly agreed to replace my device but the new one that they brought out had the same rattling so I decided to keep the one I have. But then I walked into the verizon store and NONE of the phones on display had even tiny bit of rattling.

Sigh.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro