Mine came with 4.2.6
    02-08-2011 10:25 PM
    that would drive me nuts, I installed a apple bumper and the buttons rattled I installed small piece of duct tape to the inside of the bumper over the buttons, problem solved
    02-08-2011 11:59 PM
    Case that covers the power button helped quite a bit
    02-09-2011 09:36 AM
    My bumper rattles when I shake it, but the iPhone does not. I shook them both individually to come to this conclusion.
    02-09-2011 10:08 AM
    My bumper rattles when I shake it, but the iPhone does not. I shook them both individually to come to this conclusion.
    Mine did too. That is why I don't use it anymore.
    02-09-2011 10:22 AM
    What about the bumper rattles?
    02-09-2011 12:20 PM
    When I say shake it side ways I mean this :

Bring it near your ear.
    If it rattles from shaking it sideways, go to Apple and get a new one. As I said before, I did this the day my wifes came UPS. Apple had no problem giving us a new one.
    02-09-2011 12:26 PM
    The phone has moving parts in it. Vibrator, focus motor, accelerometer, etc. It'll be a while before they "shake out" the manufacturing process to minimize or eliminate any instance of audible rattling from those moving parts. It does make one wonder what else are they overlooking, but for what it's worth, the rattle doesn't mean the phone is necessarily a lemon. I have a rattle on my GSM iPhone 4 which was manufactured the 27th week of 2010, and the phone is flawless. The buttons are crisp, the screen is perfect, the speaker and mic work fine, and the reception is, despite all odds, outstanding.

So, be aware of the rattle but don't worry too much about it. If you don't tend to shake the phone violently while you use it, you probably won't notice it in regular use.
    02-09-2011 12:47 PM
    Thanks for the response guys! I have been enjoying my iPhone
    02-10-2011 12:45 AM
    I shake mine in the dictionary.com app and it brings up a new word everytime I do so lol, its a feature o fthe app
    02-10-2011 02:01 AM
    I shake mine in the dictionary.com app and it brings up a new word everytime I do so lol, its a feature o fthe app
    NO way!!!!
    02-10-2011 08:58 AM
    I have the rattle as well. Will monitor and take the the Genius Bar if it begins to affect performance. Right now more concerned about watching battery management.
    02-10-2011 09:42 AM
    Having trouble with battery life, Reesey? I am actually happy with mine - my incredible would die half way through the day
    02-11-2011 08:39 AM
    I really dont think its the power button.

Look at this video

It is the power button. Mine does it as well. Put a case on it you wont here it.
    02-11-2011 10:07 AM
    I came back from the apple store in the mall. They promptly agreed to replace my device but the new one that they brought out had the same rattling so I decided to keep the one I have. But then I walked into the verizon store and NONE of the phones on display had even tiny bit of rattling.

Sigh.
    02-11-2011 11:57 PM
    The rattle got more annoying and louder. Verizon is sending me a replacement
    02-12-2011 04:30 PM
    [QUOTE=Macvy Ricky;1674434]Having trouble with battery life, Reesey? I am actually happy with mine - my incredible would die half way through the day[/QUOTE

Actually probably not just used to the battery life of a Blackberry:o. I'm getting a days use - 9 to 10 hours of usage and about 16 hours of standby. From what I understand about the iPhone I shouldn't complain.
    02-13-2011 11:41 AM
    I have a Case-Mate Pop! that covers my power button and it still rattles. I got mine on the 7th and just noticed it rattling yesterday as I was talking on the phone and every step i took it rattled a little bit. I dont have any insurance on the phone but will I get a replacement if i bring it to Verizon?
    02-20-2011 02:40 PM
    I have a Case-Mate Pop! that covers my power button and it still rattles. I got mine on the 7th and just noticed it rattling yesterday as I was talking on the phone and every step i took it rattled a little bit. I dont have any insurance on the phone but will I get a replacement if i bring it to Verizon?
    Today would be 14 days, not sure how that affects this issue or not. I am in the same situation. I may run to the apple store and ask, but o am sure it is just the shutter of the camera.
    02-20-2011 04:52 PM
    i registered just to reply to this question. IT IS THE POWER BUTTON.

try this. put 1 finger slightly over the power button and shake it how you do back and fourth side to side. rattle is gone? oh my...
    03-04-2011 10:46 PM
    i registered just to reply to this question. IT IS THE POWER BUTTON.

try this. put 1 finger slightly over the power button and shake it how you do back and fourth side to side. rattle is gone? oh my...
    That's why I'm not worrying too much about it. I knew mine was the power button so it didn't bother me.. I'm sure after being pressed so many times, the power button will eventually rattle for everyone...
    03-05-2011 03:30 AM
    that would drive me nuts, I installed a apple bumper and the buttons rattled I installed small piece of duct tape to the inside of the bumper over the buttons, problem solved
    Let me get this right: Iphone 4 32G $299, Ottorbox Defender $49.99.. piece of duct tape ..priceless..I get it now.
    03-05-2011 12:43 PM
    I can hold in all the buttons and it still rattles. The guy at apple said it's the power button but I don't believe him because if I hold the button down it still rattles. All with no case.
    03-05-2011 02:02 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD