Hey Look What I Learned... An Ask/Share Thread

dot#IM

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,
First post, but spent time lurking through all the pre order, shipment and arrival excitement...

I love my new iphone, but would love to hear and share things about it that might get overlooked or are just assumed to be known about the device. I am coming from a BB like many of us here. I hope others might benefit from a thread like this... :D

So my first question is, my tour was totally customizable where sounds are concerned. My phone rang/had text alerts for about 5 contacts... for anyone/everything else, the phone was silent most of the time (I'm a teacher). Is the iphone capable of this type customization?

Happy First Official Day with Your iPhone and happy sharing!

-dot

Last edited:

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You can have custom tones for sms / phone contacts that you set up through the address book but its my understanding you can only save a 30 second clip from any song in your itunes to be a ringtone and there is no way to make a custom text or email tone.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You can have custom tones for sms / phone contacts that you set up through the address book but its my understanding you can only save a 30 second clip from any song in your itunes to be a ringtone and there is no way to make a custom text or email tone.

Ok, so you can set up custom tones for individual sms and phone contacts? Or just custom tones for sms messages in general?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The one area the iPhone still falls down in, is sms tones. They are limited, and without jailbreaking there is no way to do any customization.

swann3030

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good profile app. One that automatically set the phone to vibrate during specific times, say 7-3:30 while at work, and puts it on silent during times in the middle of the night?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good profile app. One that automatically set the phone to vibrate during specific times, say 7-3:30 while at work, and puts it on silent during times in the middle of the night?

With a stock iPhone you can't do this. Only through jailbreaking.

usf2011

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Block Unwanted Calls on Verizon iPhone 4

Got the new Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday. Loving it! Yesterday, while I still had my Blackberry, I was able to go onto verizon account and block unwanted calls for free. As soon as I activated the iPhone, the call block feature disappeared.

How do you block calls on a Verizon iPhone 4?

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok don't bash, but i think we need a how to for simple tasks for us old android peeps.

Like how do i move icons around to different screens, and why are there 2 spots on the home screen that never fill up.....?

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok don't bash, but i think we need a how to for simple tasks for us old android peeps.

Like how do i move icons around to different screens, and why are there 2 spots on the home screen that never fill up.....?

If you tap and hold any of the app icons, they will start to vibrate. Then, you can tap-hold-and-drag them anywhere you want. of course, you can also delete them by tapping on the X. And, if you drop one on to another, your create a folder that will hold both. Once the folder is created, you can, of course, dump other apps into it.

dot#IM

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's contributions...

Another question... can i use my iphone while it is connected to my mac charging?

Also, what are your opinions on jailbreaking????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods