Has anyone else decided to take there case off and just go naked. I have the apple bumpers and while you can still see the phone it just wasn't enough. It just feels good in the hand without the case. Anyone else using it like this?
    02-08-2011 08:29 AM
    I have the bumper right now, but would like to go naked. My only fear (as brought up by Engadget team) is without a bumper (or case) it is slick/slippery in the hand and prone to dropping.
    02-08-2011 08:36 AM
    I didn't buy a case or screen protector the build quality is just amazing and the phone looks beautiful.
    02-08-2011 08:39 AM
    I want to go naked really bad but I'm just scared of things like the Apple logo getting scratched.
    02-08-2011 08:42 AM
    Im scared of scratching the screen in my pocket ...
    02-08-2011 09:00 AM
    I want to go naked really bad but I'm just scared of things like the Apple logo getting scratched.
    Agreed....
    02-08-2011 09:01 AM
    Yeah, I peeled the back protector off and immediately put on a back protector (first time and no bubbles!)

The fact that it took seconds and I did such a good job, I put the front screen protector on, again, no bubbles. My case was supposed to be here Saturday, but still haven't gotten it. I do love the feel of it just the way it is, an know it will at least not get scratched. I'll try the case, but as for it as I was before I got the iPhone, now I am thinking just a bumper. On nothing.
    02-08-2011 09:03 AM
    Im scared of scratching the screen in my pocket ...
    Thats why I always use my right pants pocket as my "dedicated" phone pocket. Only used for my phone. I have been doing this with all my smartphones. I have never had a problem.

Back in the day when some phones had plastic screens, you could definitely scratch/smudge your screen using you pocket. That is not the case with glass screens.

Just keep your keys and change out of that pocket and you'll be ok.
    02-08-2011 09:11 AM
    Yeah, I peeled the back protector off and immediately put on a back protector (first time and no bubbles!)

The fact that it took seconds and I did such a good job, I put the front screen protector on, again, no bubbles. My case was supposed to be here Saturday, but still haven't gotten it. I do love the feel of it just the way it is, an know it will at least not get scratched. I'll try the case, but as for it as I was before I got the iPhone, now I am thinking just a bumper. On nothing.
    I still have the back protector film on it for right now. I am waiting for my back cover to arrive from UPS today. Like Jakes stated, I do not want to scratch the apple logo (or anything). I am kind of OCD about my stuff I like to keep everything pristine. I do have a creen protector on the front (have a couple bubbles to work out). I also have a carrying case for when I go outside.
    02-08-2011 09:19 AM
    Naked at the moment until my screen protector and case comes in Thursday. This thing is just too slippery but beautiful.
    02-08-2011 09:23 AM
    i got a back protector from icarbons. so i dont scratch the back, then also picking up a screen protector. was going to get a bumper but i have read that they scratch the sides of your phone so i would rather risk it. I am usually super carefull with my phones anyways.
    02-08-2011 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD