This is my first iphone so I'm not sure what expect for the volume and sound experience. It seems that when I place a call it is very hard for the other person to hear me and the person on the other line sounds far away. I've turn up all the volume controls that I can find but no luck fixing this. Could it be a bad phone or is this the way the phone is?
    02-07-2011 10:57 PM
    It could be due to way that you're holding it... ? The mic is on the bottom, one of the two holes next to the 30 pin connector. and you could be covering it up. Also, sometimes the most comfortable way on your ear could not be the best way to hear it... It could just be a faulty iPhone :\ Does it work fine with the earbuds included?
    02-08-2011 12:03 AM
    Try taking the factory screen film off it covers the speaker
    mic1goof2 likes this.
    02-08-2011 12:09 AM
    Try taking the factory screen film off it covers the speaker
    My first call was to *228 and I was like WTF, I can't hear a thing. Then I peeled back the factory screen protector and voila, sound.
    02-08-2011 12:36 AM
    It covers the speakers and wraps at bottom and covers the mic lol
    02-08-2011 12:52 AM
    It could be due to way that you're holding it... ? The mic is on the bottom, one of the two holes next to the 30 pin connector. and you could be covering it up. Also, sometimes the most comfortable way on your ear could not be the best way to hear it... It could just be a faulty iPhone :\ Does it work fine with the earbuds included?
    A faulty iPhone? Bite your tongue!
    02-08-2011 01:09 AM
    A faulty iPhone? Bite your tongue!
    haha, what was I thinking?!
    02-08-2011 01:15 AM
    My first call was to *228 and I was like WTF, I can't hear a thing. Then I peeled back the factory screen protector and voila, sound.
    Unfortunately I had the same problem now I just feel like a ratard
    02-08-2011 01:18 AM
    Seriously, I did the same thing, too. Got it all activated and immediately called my boyfriend... could barely hear him and was trying to turn the volume up. Hung up and noticed what the factory screen protector was covering... lol!:o
    02-08-2011 05:39 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was in bits not knowing why I couldn't hear the ringing when I phoned someone and could hardly hear them speaking, THEN when I read your post it all became clear, I'd left the clear film on the front and rear to protect the phone and yes, the speaker was covered, you saved me from going insane, I went through my settings around 30 or 40 times and nothing worked until I read your post, Thankyou again my saviour!!!!!!
    06-04-2014 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD