Congrats to all new iphone users! Any tips on how the preorder, or things to watch out for, or be careful about. I am sooo looking forward to this next step.

I supect that being a new customer order this will be more complicated than an upgrade or add on.
    02-07-2011 08:01 PM
    You don't pre-order on the 9th, you just order. Tips:

1. EARLY IS KEY.
    2. NEVER EVER EVER under any circumstances trust ANYTHING a Verizon Rep says.
    3. Godspeed!
    RC28 likes this.
    02-07-2011 08:04 PM
    Yeah usually the preorder time will open a few minutes before I know it opened 15 min or so early so I would be ready early so you can get your order in if they do open it early again
    RC28 likes this.
    02-07-2011 08:06 PM
    I had read somewhere here your best bet to get an IPhone on the 10th is to actually just wait in line or be one of the first to wait for and apple or verizon store to open...Whats everyones thought?
    02-07-2011 08:08 PM
    If you order online, can you port your old number? (I currently have Sprint). Or do I have to go to the store to do that?

If I can do it online, how do I prove that I am the "owner" of the number I am porting from? Do I have to send them a copy of an old bill? It seems like that would take days......
    02-07-2011 08:09 PM
    #8 nailed it
    02-07-2011 08:10 PM
    I had read somewhere here your best bet to get an IPhone on the 10th is to actually just wait in line or be one of the first to wait for and apple or verizon store to open...Whats everyones thought?
    I just called verizon, i am an account owner along with my dad so i can pick it up

Im up at school. Verizon 3 min away. I am hoping that it wont be packed considering it isnt a huge town. But never under estimate the iphone. My plan is to wake up thursday around 5 and head to the store....

Think thats early enough? Im going to call and see if they can give me a hint to how many they think they will have or if they are expecting a line. I neeed 2 iphones. heading up this weekend so decided to surprise him and pick one up. he wanted to wait a little but i figure if he really doesnt want it yet, he can return it.. he wont.. but i hope i can get it thursday!
    02-07-2011 08:11 PM
    Thanks for the tips. Am hoping the phone ships quickly, and ordering is smooth. So hard to wait...
    02-07-2011 10:51 PM
    I ordered my wife's iphone on Thursday morning around 9:00 am Eastern (I wasn't about to get up at 3am) and we received it yesterday at 10am. I'm guessing if you order it in the morning it shouldn't be a problem.
    02-08-2011 02:25 PM
    If you order online, can you port your old number? (I currently have Sprint). Or do I have to go to the store to do that?

If I can do it online, how do I prove that I am the "owner" of the number I am porting from? Do I have to send them a copy of an old bill? It seems like that would take days......
    In theory you will be able to port over your old number, it would just ask you for the information for the account. You would need the account number, the social security number, and the password that is on the account if there is one. If you have all of that and the address that is enough for them to initiate the port-in request.

*Just in case* they do not allow you to port in during the ordering process, you can still port in your number after the fact, which I recommend you doing in order to speed up your ordering process and getting your order number that much sooner and increasing your chances of getting ahold of your own Verizon iPhone. You can start this process after activating your phone by simply speaking with customer service. It's very simple.

Hope this helps!
    02-08-2011 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD