For those of you who got their iPhone already. How are things going?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
#8 in line, but #1 in our hearts... :D

Speak for yourself.

hee.gif
jk

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Have I not explained this already? They obviously had it shipped to apple for custom engraving: "The man, the myth, the legend, old #8."

iSnoopy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered an iPhone on a different line and had to call to try to activate it on the main line and the rep says

"No iPhones can be swapped or activated on any accounts until Thursday. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing"

Not true. Verizon assisted me with it. It took 3 reps, but we got it done!! Good luck!

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Signal is better than on my droid2. Can't get my gmail to push my emails, though. Do I have to use exchange for that?

kellymccrea

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
not great so far been on the phone with tech support for close to 1/2 hr trying to activate

ok all done now. Now I have to work on transferring my contacts

Last edited:

MUDPLZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing great. When I got the iPhone I followed the instructions that came with it. After I activated it in iTunes I called CS and had them take it off my wifes line and put onto mine. The CS lady was very nice and it took some time, maybe 20 min or so to switch the phones around. I also had them keep my $15 per month data plan because I am always on wifi.

So far the phone works smooth I have sync it with Gmail via the exchange account.

The only thing I wish i could figure out is how to get gmail chat via an application that is not full of adds and works properly..

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Everything has been great here plugged into iTunes and activated without a hitch. Didn't even have to dial 228. Loving safari and everything is running smooth as butter.

ViP

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Everything is going smooth so far. The only hitch I had was transferring my contacts with the VZ Transfer App. I turned off WiFi and it worked flawlessly.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Took a while to get it activated - kept saying "cannot be activated at this time, try again later" or something like that. Third time trying it finally activated. Had to hold off on downloading 4.2.6 since I had a conference call for work :rolleyes:. I'll start that when my next call ends.

But so far, so good! I restored a backup from my Touch, and while it didn't move apps over (which is okay since my son has clogged it up with a million free games), it moved all my passwords over, so when I re-downloaded the apps, everything was already there and logged in.

smh16

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Everything is good so far... activated, synced, and made a call. Downloading the software update right now while I eat dinner and check the forums.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That stinks - I had all my apps on my iPod lined up where I wanted them. :( Oh well.

Yeah, it's a little annoying. I don't know why a backup wouldn't capture all the apps, I'm starting to wonder if I did something wrong. For the preloaded apps, it did rearrange everything to how I had it on the iPod.

MeMo21687

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Only problem I have seen so far is that Emoji doesnt work when sending to an AT&T iPhone.....but I can receive Emoji from an AT&T iPhone.

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a little annoying. I don't know why a backup wouldn't capture all the apps, I'm starting to wonder if I did something wrong. For the preloaded apps, it did rearrange everything to how I had it on the iPod.

I'm syncing now. I don't know if this made a difference, but I didn't download the update when asked and it went directly to syncing from the backup and it IS putting on all my apps.

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Almost seamless so far but did have one issue. iTunes asked if I wanted to register and activate. It then showed a terms and Conditions page that I had to accept. It wouldn't leave that page. I clicked accept maybe 15 times. At around the 10th time, the phone itself showed a screen that it was activated. So I tried my old phone and it no longer worked. I then decided to eject the iPhone and plug it back it. It went right to the registration page and has been clear sailing since. Hopefully this helps someone.

Reactions: shinbone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro