For those of you who got their iPhone already. How are things going?

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So far so good but I am really missing a few things:

Blinking led
Customized notification settings (silent for personal email and vibrate for work email
Custom sound/notification settings and the ability to choose them quickly ("meeting" setting where all is silent vs "weekend work" setting when the ringer is medium and I get a vibrate for work email vs "weekend loud and vibrate" for times I am in a loud environment.

There may be an app for these needs so I need to find it.

mg911

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes the notification led is missed. and lack of options in settings
Also can you store passwords in the browsers?
Facebook is like minesweeper, if i press any button i get logged out randomly

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes the notification led is missed. and lack of options in settings
Also can you store passwords in the browsers?
Facebook is like minesweeper, if i press any button i get logged out randomly

No help for the Led Notification, on passwords look for lastpass it works for iPhones and desktops.

If you jailbreak there are a lot more apps that can change your settings and notifications. One I would recommend is SBSettings.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe I used a BB Storm for 2 1/2 years. The iPhone is amazing!

Same here . . coming from a BB Storm and Storm 2. Now I get what all the fuss and hype was about !! What a difference huh? Makes our BB Storms look like "dumb phones" compared to this iPhone. I get it now, i get it !

aerial

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered 3 phones on the 3rd. Got them on the 7th at noon. Took them in to the store & the 1st two activated just fine. The 3rd one wouldn't activate. Come to find out the paperwork & phone had matching serial #'s but it was not supposed to be sent to me. It belonged to someone in Wisconsin. (I'm in Kansas). Took all afternoon to get it straightened out. Since then everything seems to be fine. Don't know if this was a widespread issue of phones being sent to the wrong people or just an isolated case.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered 3 phones on the 3rd. Got them on the 7th at noon. Took them in to the store & the 1st two activated just fine. The 3rd one wouldn't activate. Come to find out the paperwork & phone had matching serial #'s but it was not supposed to be sent to me. It belonged to someone in Wisconsin. (I'm in Kansas). Took all afternoon to get it straightened out. Since then everything seems to be fine. Don't know if this was a widespread issue of phones being sent to the wrong people or just an isolated case.

Getting sent the wrong device happens once in a while... it just takes time to get the right person who can fix it - I hope all was well once they fixed the snafu.

aerial

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Getting sent the wrong device happens once in a while... it just takes time to get the right person who can fix it - I hope all was well once they fixed the snafu.

Thanks Keith..Yes, everything is fine. It just took numerous people to go through to find the one who finally had the authority to get it fixed.

formerdroidy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just switched

I just switched from my Droid Incredible and there are no problems. I like the home screen for the Incredible with the large clock and the temp, etc. and was told that could be downloaded to my iphone. It appears it cannot. That's my only problem with the iphone. Whether I go back to my Incredible for the home screen remains to be seen. Anybody have thoughts as to if this can be done considering there are two different OS?:mad:

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
so far I haven't gotten lost confused for a second or 2! I did learn that in email at bottom of page is a box with a down arrow aha it deleted the message thanks to my mac its back whew!

I have had it lock up a few times while surfing the net not sure if phone or human error as waited a long time for the page to load and so stopped it and then it usually freezes can't go forward or back so close it then alls fine.

any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods