Totally smooth transition - I am one happy girl! Just need more time to play with my new toy. I am so not going to miss my BB Storm 2!
    Yup, yup and yup !!
    02-08-2011 12:19 AM
    Working great so far. This thing really makes my Storm 2 look like a POS.
    i hope to say the same if i can manage to snag an iphone thursday
    02-08-2011 12:23 AM
    UPS tracking said today, before 10:30am. Arrived at 9:05am. HAPPY!

Got it on an upgrade on my daughters line, transfer went as follows: Activate iPhone via iTunes - successful. Go online and re-activate my daughters RAZR back to her number - successful. Dial *228 on iPhone, press option 1 and it asks me what phone number I want to activate this device on, I choose my number, put in my account security code and BAM I get the activation successful. No calls to V, no problems at all.

I am VERY happy with my iPhone. No problems syncing my contacts (Outlook) or Gmail (exchange) but not getting my Google calendar to sync. Not sure about that. Will do more reading tomorrow. Good night all!
    02-08-2011 02:03 AM
    Also happened to me. Thank you to the original poster of this tip. Software upgrade took a while, but is almost done!
    I did the same thing this morning.
    02-08-2011 02:07 AM
    so just to verify, can existing customers still use their 'new every 2' privileges for this iphone purchase?
    02-08-2011 02:14 AM
    Im loving every passing moment with it. I might even let it sleep between me & my gf. LOL
    02-08-2011 03:32 AM
    So far so good but I am really missing a few things:

Blinking led
    Customized notification settings (silent for personal email and vibrate for work email
    Custom sound/notification settings and the ability to choose them quickly ("meeting" setting where all is silent vs "weekend work" setting when the ringer is medium and I get a vibrate for work email vs "weekend loud and vibrate" for times I am in a loud environment.

There may be an app for these needs so I need to find it.
    02-08-2011 04:00 AM
    Yes the notification led is missed. and lack of options in settings
    Also can you store passwords in the browsers?
    Facebook is like minesweeper, if i press any button i get logged out randomly
    02-08-2011 04:19 AM
    Very good, no problems at all.
    02-08-2011 06:53 AM
    Are you using the Facebook app or site?
    02-08-2011 07:28 AM
    Yes the notification led is missed. and lack of options in settings
    Also can you store passwords in the browsers?
    No help for the Led Notification, on passwords look for lastpass it works for iPhones and desktops.

If you jailbreak there are a lot more apps that can change your settings and notifications. One I would recommend is SBSettings.
    02-08-2011 07:54 AM
    I can't believe I used a BB Storm for 2 1/2 years. The iPhone is amazing!
    02-08-2011 08:25 AM
    so just to verify, can existing customers still use their 'new every 2' privileges for this iphone purchase?
    Yes, that is what I did.
    02-08-2011 08:27 AM
    Also happened to me. Thank you to the original poster of this tip. Software upgrade took a while, but is almost done!
    You're welcome. Wow glad I posted that!
    02-08-2011 08:32 AM
    I can't believe I used a BB Storm for 2 1/2 years. The iPhone is amazing!
    Same here . . coming from a BB Storm and Storm 2. Now I get what all the fuss and hype was about !! What a difference huh? Makes our BB Storms look like "dumb phones" compared to this iPhone. I get it now, i get it !
    02-08-2011 08:40 AM
    I pre ordered 3 phones on the 3rd. Got them on the 7th at noon. Took them in to the store & the 1st two activated just fine. The 3rd one wouldn't activate. Come to find out the paperwork & phone had matching serial #'s but it was not supposed to be sent to me. It belonged to someone in Wisconsin. (I'm in Kansas). Took all afternoon to get it straightened out. Since then everything seems to be fine. Don't know if this was a widespread issue of phones being sent to the wrong people or just an isolated case.
    02-12-2011 01:13 PM
    I pre ordered 3 phones on the 3rd. Got them on the 7th at noon. Took them in to the store & the 1st two activated just fine. The 3rd one wouldn't activate. Come to find out the paperwork & phone had matching serial #'s but it was not supposed to be sent to me. It belonged to someone in Wisconsin. (I'm in Kansas). Took all afternoon to get it straightened out. Since then everything seems to be fine. Don't know if this was a widespread issue of phones being sent to the wrong people or just an isolated case.
    Getting sent the wrong device happens once in a while... it just takes time to get the right person who can fix it - I hope all was well once they fixed the snafu.
    02-12-2011 01:17 PM
    Getting sent the wrong device happens once in a while... it just takes time to get the right person who can fix it - I hope all was well once they fixed the snafu.
    Thanks Keith..Yes, everything is fine. It just took numerous people to go through to find the one who finally had the authority to get it fixed.
    02-12-2011 01:36 PM
    I LOVE the iPhone! Can't wait to see some good updates like haptic feedback, autotext, better controls of sms and email.....etc!
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-12-2011 02:27 PM
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-12-2011 06:20 PM
    Lovin it!! So much to learn and explore. Endless fun...
    02-12-2011 06:29 PM
    Good $ over here!!!!
    02-12-2011 07:15 PM
    I LOVE the iPhone! Can't wait to see some good updates like haptic feedback, autotext, better controls of sms and email.....etc!
    Agree cant wait to see what future IOS updates bring!
    02-12-2011 11:34 PM
    I just switched from my Droid Incredible and there are no problems. I like the home screen for the Incredible with the large clock and the temp, etc. and was told that could be downloaded to my iphone. It appears it cannot. That's my only problem with the iphone. Whether I go back to my Incredible for the home screen remains to be seen. Anybody have thoughts as to if this can be done considering there are two different OS?
    02-13-2011 12:14 PM
    so far I haven't gotten lost confused for a second or 2! I did learn that in email at bottom of page is a box with a down arrow aha it deleted the message thanks to my mac its back whew!

I have had it lock up a few times while surfing the net not sure if phone or human error as waited a long time for the page to load and so stopped it and then it usually freezes can't go forward or back so close it then alls fine.

any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?
    02-13-2011 12:38 PM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD